Possible Project car

Schmuckingham

Established Member
Went and looked at a 86 Fox GT with a 351w swap and an auto (stock auto i beleive). Car is a non start ( fuel issues) but does crank over with no problem. A lot of the electrical has been hacked at but this car is a carb car so most of it is ignition related which is an easy fix.

Body is straight with no rust and the frame has one small patch of rust thast very fixable. Interior is nasty and needs ripped out, the rear hatch has no lock or latch in it and its missing some molding.

I would pretty much use this for a track whore that i could drive on the street and leave it carbed but I wanted some opinions first. I am not looking for some large scale restore.

Guy is asking 1000, any opinions?

mustang009.gif

mustang004.gif

mustang003.gif

mustang005.gif

mustang008.gif

mustang007.gif

mustang006.gif

mustang0022.gif

mustang001.gif

4valvemach

Established Member
I would suggest getting a 87-93 4cyl body and swap what ever motor you want into it as they can be had for just a few hundred bucks.If you like the four eyed foxes like that one I would say $500 tops for it.In less its got some good motor work done to it I would just pass it up.

:shrug:

P.S.make him keep that hood too:nonono:

Ok I just looked at the pics again and would say pass it up it looks like a basket case and a project.Just find a sweet 4cyl body and build a sweet car up with that

Last edited:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Looking at that car brings back memories. my first stang was an 86 GT :rockon:

Seriously, i would have to agree with the other guys. one very important question. did you look at the floor from underneath? floor pans and torque boxes will tell you a story about how the car was maintained and used. or abused, as this very well may be. :shrug:

Like 4VM said, it may be better to start off with a 4 banger. they never had enough power to abuse the chassis lol

G/L :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread