Possible new light for the Club

Blksnke

Established Member
the romeo peach festival is always the sunday before labor day,
there is the north gratiot cruise in clinton township I will get date,
every Friday there is a cruise in at Coyote's joe's free hot dogs and pop to driver and one passenger.
are we as a group going to the mustang thing in novi the week before woodward?
there is a mustang show in lansing 8/30 it is for a charity and only goes to 3 pm.
there is more and I will get them together.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Thanks for posting the activities.

As far as the Novi show goes, I will be there. We do have an opportunity to be a "sponsor" by donating monies. Included in the sponsorship, we can have a reserved area for our cars and be able to display the MCT banner. I have the information. This is something that the Board has to discuss. I guess you can pay a fee and enter the show but it will be like Woodward's Mustang alley where no spots are saved.

We can donate somewhere around $300.00 to $2,000 to be the title sponsor.

So do we want to donate money and make this an MCT function?

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
I very much agree

The flyer states:

show program sponsor : $100 donation company name and contact info will appear on the show program

Vendor sponsor: $300.00 donation name in program plus a 15 x 15 feet for product display /promotion during the show (like our MCT banner with a manned table with membership forms and change for the people that may pay for their membership if they sign up on the spot)

Major sponsor: $750.00 donation company name will appear on one "Best of Show" award and front of the show program. Location provided for vechicles/trailer for product display/promotion during the show. 1 year free advertising in monthly newletter. Club support for a promotional event at your place of business Display plaque showing your support

Title sponsor : $2000 donation, too much money for the Club and perks that do not pertain to us.

My input: Major sponsor. It is affordable @ 750.00. I like the idea of having 2 (or more) Club member cars that could park on either side of a table for display purposes. Having a table, displaying the MCT banner with membership forms ready to be completed and membership sign up package made up to give out (shirt, hat, decals, etc). In order for this to work we need representation and participation, before and during the show, like more than 5 members. The other perks of this level of sponsorship do really pertain to us unless Doug wants the Owner's Club at Billetflow to annoy him and Pat.

I am one member of the Board.....others???? I will be more than happy to have a meeting about this. We need to act fast donations must be received by July 28, 2009

Last edited:

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
I am in also. Maybe we can park a Cobra and the Viper (2 snakes) at the display to show we are open to all motorsport / performance enthusiast and like minded people. What do you guys think?

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
The Club also should by an EZ up tent for the members which could be used at every event except for the Fall Cruise. I think Sam's has them.

dougwg

Established Member
I second that 750 sponsorship.
This is NOT the place to discuss money matters.

That being said...

I would much rather donate 750 to a members widow..... then give it to some other club so we can park in a car show and hang a banner.
Which I'm sure we could do for damn near free anyway and spend the money more wisely.

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Yes, why are we discussing club business on the Internet??

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me their intended sponsors would not be other car clubs, but rather companies that provide a service or product.

I have been pushing for a tent for years but we always had Tim's, so we never bought one.

I'll wait for the meeting to talk any more about expenditures...

Last edited:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
We are discussing club business on the Internet becuse approx half of the Board is not involved with Club activities. We could not discuss it at the last event, NMRA 2 Board members were there. Having a meeting usally results in at least one member being absent (including myself for work purposes when we met on the eastside).

When I was at the Michigan Ave cruise I talked to Mike, the President I expressed to him/asked if we can go as a goup with parking and not not have a Mustang Alley part 2. In order to do that he told me we could sponsor the event and that will give us publicity and space. The flyer that was quoted was directly handed to me by him.

The tent situation relies on a single member's personal tent. I will take the responsibility to buy one with my Sam's membership with the Club's check, I can store it at my home and give it off to the next Pres.

Giving the money to anothor club is giving the money to charity, they are a nonprofit organization

Last edited:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Can the Board meet this Sat? I know Matt works evenings, what about the others?

dougwg

Established Member
This weekend I'm booked.

How bout we do as I suggested years ago and just have a meeting online.

We can use the free voice chat service that Yahoo provides.

We can also set it up for lets say 9:00pm Thursday or something. What days and times can Matt make it?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
We are discussing club business on the Internet becuse approx half of the Board is not involved with Club activities.

Did you make any attempt to call or send emails/PM's?

As Doug said, at the last meeting we agreed that board meetings did not have to be in person but I certainly don't remember us deciding that they were no longer necessary. I believe our by-laws are quite clear on that subject.

I'm not going to go into details of why I've been unable to attend recent events but rest assured, it's a good 'excuse'.

Last edited:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Did you make any attempt to calls or send emails/PM's

Nope. I posted up here, the best way and the only way I know to discuss possible new ideas for the Club and "hit the masses". I brought it to the attention of the Treasure who recommmended that I post up the event/ideas.

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
I think there is some confusion.

What I recommended was a post asking about events.

Discussion of the events needs to happen between ALL members here online.
but also
Discussion of the events and discussion of monies needs to be done between the board members. This is what we have been entrusted with.

Fuzzy line I know.....but there is no reason for this to blow up into something it doesn't need to be :)

We will talk, we will weight option, and do what we feel is in the best interest of MCTCC and it's members by voting.

The first thing we need to do is setup a meeting.

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
"Who runs Thunder-dome?"

I can meet Thursday or Friday at Night (after 8). I say we meet at Subies. The club can pick up the tab.

Maybe the secratary can provide a list of who is a CURRENT member. Most people say they paid dues 5 years ago and have NOT had anything to do with the club in 3 years. Those people are NOT members. There was only a handful of renewals this year so the list should be easy. We can contact them to and invite them to the meeting. Who ever shows has input.

We only have 1 more MCT event this year, being the fall cruise (for Scott and Brent). After, MCT can hold elections again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread