Possible Lightning in my future

BigMikeUGA

REPUBLICAN
Established Member
I'm shuffling around my entire garage.

DD is an '09 Wrangler Rubicon that is for sale. I'm selling it to get a GT500.

09Rubicon058.jpg

I have a '65 F-250 that I'm just about done restoring as a driver that will soon be for sale. I was going to sell this to get a DD F-150.

65frontendfinal001.gif

65frontendfinal004.gif

65-before-after007aa.gif

But, I also have an '02 customized Road King that I have about $31k into. There is a guy that may want trade his '01 Lightning (68k mi, all stock, no mods) for a Harley. He is asking $13,500. If I sold my Harley I'd want $16k. But we're going to talk in a week about a trade. Maybe his truck and a new AVIC-Z140BH?

This
RK_apes001.gif

For
svt.gif

I'll be hanging around a lot more if I do the deal. I want to research Lightnings and learn a lot more about them. I would probably wait a while in the GT500 as well.

Last edited:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I have no clue what the bike is worth, but he's throwing out a pretty fair price for the 01 Lightning. Maybe just a few hundred dollars on the high side, but it's often worth it to find a truck you actually like. I think you'll be happy with the deal.

BigMikeUGA

REPUBLICAN
Established Member
Thanks, I also think he has it out there at a fair price. We'll see what happens when we meet.

slapshot

Established Member
Sharp 250!!!! Wish we had a big garage, I would LOVE to have an old truck. Even my wife wants one.

BigMikeUGA

REPUBLICAN
Established Member
Sharp 250!!!! Wish we had a big garage, I would LOVE to have an old truck. Even my wife wants one.

Thanks. I bought it from a buddy of mine that bought it from the original owner. It spent almost its whole life in dry Oregon and has no rust. I've got about 11k into it and hope to get that out of it.

I've basically spent my time painting and doing detail work.

65-before-after002a.gif

65-before-after002aa.gif

65-before-after001a.gif

65-before-after001aa.gif

65frontend006.gif

65frontend10001.gif

Users who are viewing this thread