possible engine dress up idea

lastexit99

Established Member
I've been toying with an idea to dress up my engine a bit and wondered what people thought...

I've been looking for some spark plug covers to replace the stocks ones. But can really only find Stainless Steel ones that glue to the exsisting ones. I thought about painting the the stock ones with some high temp Ford racing blue paint, and putting this on them...

http://www.performancepartsinc.com/images/svtplaque.jpg

Also I was going to pull the cross over tube since it is showing rust and clean it up and possibly paint it blue, and maybe put some kind of cover over the radiator hose to make them blue.

I'd like to get a set of the blue valve covers from blue oval but they are on back order at this point.

My car and engine bay at this point is stock loking just FYI.

Opinions?

Tickle

Established Member
I think a couple of those would be cool. It's easy to overdo it. I like the spark plug cover idea, thought of going that route myself.

ETA: there is someone recently who painted a lot of things red, I'll try and find a link. It might give you an idea

Last edited:

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I have a guy making some billet coil covers right now. When they are done, I will post some pictures. If he can get them in a decent price range, hopefully, I can get some sales for him. He does nice work.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I will. He should be close to being done with them, interested in seeing what he comes up with. I let him have a little free reign on design.

pacific4v

Established Member
Do a coil on plug conversion. That'll clean it up a lot and there are better options for coil covers for c-head valve covers.

ia96svt

Established Member
theres a post that stays in the first couple pages cop conversion pics check it out lots of good pics

Users who are viewing this thread