Possible destroyed Pressure Plate?

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
So I am currently in the process of moving to CO and after all the rear end work I needed done I still needed to get my new SCT MAF installed and new fuel system. Took it into my guy since I was leaving in two days he had to work overnight to get everything just right and tune it. I decided to have a new UPR quadrant kit installed to get a little softer pedal from the centerforce cluth that is in there. Got the damn car back and its twice as hard, I can barely put the clutch in and get it into gear not to mention it dies when I engage the cltuch and the mph needle boucnes around at 60-80mph. Not only that but my new MAF blew so I needed to send it back into SCT and my tune is only 95% complete. Bottom line is I couldn't drive it and my guy didn't know what the hell had happened and he checked the UPR settings numerous times. Says he thinks it my be the pressure plate and hates that I left there with that issue and since he's a dealer for ACT he is going to send me another clutch kit. Thing is the labor obviously comes out of my pocket so how much does something like that go for? Could there be any other issues? I find in hard to believe that it worked fine then 2 days later after a fuel system and quadrant install I no longer have a working clutch...WTF! :fm:

Users who are viewing this thread