possible brake problems...maybe

tdschst

Established Member
ok so im not really sure about it. to start i drive an 05 cherokee with 4x4 and a hemi. it also has a tow package and roughly 85,600 miles. lately it seems like i have to press the brake pedal in a little more, and maybe put more pressure to stop, but then i also kind of think it may be in my head. i have to press the pedal in 1-2". i tried changing my pads and that didnt help, they didnt even look bad when i pulled them off but changed them anyhow. i talked to my buddy thats a mechanic thinking maybe the master cylinder was going bad. he said when the master cylinder goes bad that i wouldnt be able to push the brakes in. this was like 2 weeks ago. i talked to my dad about it tonight and he said when the master cylinder goes the pedal will go to the floor like i have a broken line. maybe i misunderstood what my friend said or maybe he misunderstood me? im starting to think maybe the master cylinder might be starting to go, but then again not really sure. what do you guys think? any advice?what would something like this cost?id probably just do it myself so what am i looking at for parts?

Users who are viewing this thread