Positive police stories

Klay

Established Member
It seems pretty frequent that we have threads talking about a story where the police screwed up or about how corrupt they are. However, i don't recall seeing any about the good things they do for us. I think it would be nice if you just listed a positive experience you had with the police as a way to show appreciation.

I realize there are bad cops and even good ones make mistakes but it's nice to be reminded that they actually do more good for us as a society than bad.

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
I got pulled over for a headlight being out awhile back. I had a warrant for a missed court date regarding a traffic thing. The cop was super nice, let me get money for bail, and even let me take a funny photo. I can't speak for all departments, but the Plymouth, MN cops around my house seem pretty nice.

7885216124_cce9b8b2ee_b.jpg

I also had a crazy old bat call the cops on me because she ran at my girlfriend, and I stepped in front of her and put my arms up to block and said "No, you're not touching her". The cops were understanding, admitted they would have done the same thing, and pretty much told the woman to **** off.

4a7191a

Established Member
several years ago my car got broke into. i heard my alarm going off, grabbed my ak47 of all things and before i could make it outside of my front door i saw the red&blues flashing. i put the gun down and was like WTF. got around to the car and the officer had both meth heads handcuffed. the cop asked if anything in the car was over the value of 1200 dollars, i told him the combined radio system was. he smiled and said thanks :) i had my amps and crossovers and box screwed down properly. so the idiots were trying to yank it out. the officer was polite afterwards during the report and when i told him about the ak47 he joked and told the purp's that they should be glad they were still alive.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
I got pulled over for speeding, which I was *didn't know the limit had changed*, he pulled me over and saw the steering column was torn apart. I had replaced the ignition switch and the plastic broke on a 15 year old pile of crap. He thought the car might be stolen. While he ran my info *everything was legal and up to date* we chatted while I sat in the car and he kept an eye on me. He asked me if the tinted windows and tinted tail lamps were factory. I admitted not quite. After everything came back clear and he decided I was being truthful about not knowing about the speed limit change he let me go with a smile. Officer Anderson of the Frederick City Police dept. This was about 6 years ago. Being polite to a cop will go a long way if he/she is in a good mood.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Cop haters are ridiculous. You will notice that most people who are part of the F the police bandwagon, if you look back into their history they are some kind of criminal themselves so naturally they are going to dislike the police.

Yes, there is a few bad apples in police departments. It's bound to happen with any position of authority. It's easy for most people to sit back and criticize how to tell an officer to do their job without putting their own lives on the line everyday.

How many people in this world have a job where you can call anytime for help, day or night and someone will come put their own lives on the line for a complete strangers? Police and Fire are daily heros. They are running in while everyone else is running out.

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
Officers of the Law are people like everyone else.

I went through a road DUI checkpoint and was pulled to the side for no front plate. When I got to the ticketing person he asked where the plate was and I was honest and said I'd never drill holes in my bumper just because it looks bad. He said I wouldn't either and chuckled and let me go.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Cop saved my ass once! I was 16 and found myself in a bad part of Houston and nearly out of gas, pulled into a gas station to fill-up. Its roughly midnight or so and I am instantly surrounded by a bunch of thugs demanding money, they were trying to pull my friend out the car as well. We were just kids and these were grown ass men. Just when I thought it was going to get real ugly an off-duty HPD officer rolled up in his personal vehicle, as soon as he stepped out and headed our way the hoodrats scattered like cockroaches...he waited till I filled up and led us back on to the highway.

prozach93cobra

Established Member
about 4 years ago i was pulled over for speeding (107mph in a 55mph zone) i knew i was getting a ticket as soon as i saw him. while sitting in his car he wrote out my ticket and talked with me about what all i had done to my car. after everything was all said and done and the ticked was finished he saked how fast i was doing befor i saw him. i told him somewhere around 135mph ish. he laughed and said he pbly wouldnt have tried to pull me over at those speeds if i hadnt stopped. he thanked me for stopping and told me to watch where i speed from now on. yes i got cought and got a ticket that cost me alot of money and license for 2 months but its proof to me that cops r just regular ppl just doing a job. he was professional yet personable, it was by far the most non stressfull ticket iv ever had

Dragu1a

Established Member
Got pulled over by highway patrol doing 77 in a 55 construction zone. He knew my brother, who is also highway patrol, and let me go with a warning and a laugh.

Honaker10

OLD MAN STATUS
Established Member
Got pulled for being clocked at 135 in a 55 racing a buddies GT500. cop took my license and registration and went to the car and came back and i was told I was going to be taken to jail, lose my license for street racing, running from the police, excessive speeding, double the speed limit, and a few other things and that a warrant would be issued for my arrest and id be hearing from him soon. Then the cop got back in his car and drove off and left me pondering for a few days turned out the cop that originally clocked me was a friend and just pranking me. But I learned my lesson I was scared shitless for a few days not knowing what was going on. Most cops I know are good people though

Last edited:

mikecharris

Established Member
Last tuesday i was pulled over for a 62 in a 45 i pulled over immediatly turned off the car put my hands on the wheel. i had my nevada reg and insurance i thought was all good, came back told me my reg was suspended because i dropped my insurance for my car while it was not running.

He did give me a ticket for that and for speeding took my plates told me he wasnt arresting me or impounding my car i was extremely honest and he respected that let me take my car home.

I was wrong in what i did and the cop gave me a break for it for being honest and respectiful. I was so happy he did what he did and will pay my fines for me being a retard.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990 using Tapatalk 2

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I got pulled over for a headlight being out awhile back. I had a warrant for a missed court date regarding a traffic thing. The cop was super nice, let me get money for bail, and even let me take a funny photo. I can't speak for all departments, but the Plymouth, MN cops around my house seem pretty nice.

7885216124_cce9b8b2ee_b.jpg

I also had a crazy old bat call the cops on me because she ran at my girlfriend, and I stepped in front of her and put my arms up to block and said "No, you're not touching her". The cops were understanding, admitted they would have done the same thing, and pretty much told the woman to **** off.

+1 I was testing my hydrogen setup to squeeze out every mile before I ran out of gas, and once I did the popos just happened to be rolling by before I even had a chance to pull out my gas can. Apparently I had a warrant for an unpaid ticket but they were cool and took me to an ATM in their popo van. They said they had to drop me off somewhere safe, so needless to say it was pretty funny seeing the look on ~50 people's faces at the Barnes n noble cafe as I hop out of the back of a popo van, they take the cuffs off me and I walk inside to wait for my gf to come get me.

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
There was a new years eve party down the street from my house, so me and my girlfriend at the time were gonna walk. When when we got to the end of my driveway, a cop was passing. I flagged them down and asked them to give us a rid to the party. He said, "Get in.." When we got to the party, he stopped the car, got out, and opened the door for us. The people at the party were freeking out. It was funny. That cop was cool as hell.

I ran across many turds also, but im no cop hater.

Last edited:

SCMOKN

Established Member
I was running late too get to the MEPS station before I went into the service and was speeding 120 in a 35. Got pulled over and he asked my what the ig hurry was and I told him the I was running late and getting ready to go into the Army. He wrote me a ticket for 10 over, wished me well and thanked me for serving.

I have learned that if you treat them the way you want to be treated and are honest with them They will treat you fair.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I used to work for a valet lot next to the big night clubs in the area. I worked there for over a year and half and did not have a locking podium.....
Because the lot I parked cars in was very dark and connected to a building that you could get into, people would sneak off to the back to piss, drink, fight, do drugs, steal shit from cars, etc.

I hated when people would go back there because half the time they would end up pissing on my customer's cars (WTF!). SO I became friends with the cops who would hang out across the street at the lit parking garage across from my lot.

One day I was running to the back grabbing a customer's car and pull up to find my officer friend handcuffing this dude with his face down beside my podium with all my keys in it. Turned out he caught the guy in the act of trying to steal some keys from the podium. I guess the cop had been watching him and the dude was watching me and was waiting until I ran to the back before trying to snag some keys. DAMN THIEVES!

After that night the police officer and his friend's would scout the back of my lot every 30 minutes. They ended up busting a TON of people and after a few months all the illegal activities left my lot. I was really thankful for what they had done for me.

Users who are viewing this thread