Posi port post install question

Qwk GT

Established Member
Hey everyone , have a question. When you disconnect the lower intake, does it have coolant passages that dump coolant into the oil? I'm used to working on pushrod 5.0s. Whenever I had to take the lower off of those motors I was told you always have to change the oil due to coolant dumping into the oil.

Reason I ask, swapped a Posi port, disconnected and raised the lower so I could get to the intercooler manifold.

My tuner told me no need to change the oil. It was changed about 2k miles ago, so he said I would be good to go.

Car runs fine, and I'm going to change it for peace of mind. Wondering though as it was Dyno'd with that oil in it.

I checked it. Looked normal as far as I could tell.

Anyadvice appreciated.

SVTDice

Established Member
Just make sure you dry out your lower intake REALLY well. Otherwise no coolant should be mixing with your oil. You should be good to go, But if you want to change it for peace of mind. Its not a bad idea!

You may also want to change your O-Rings on your intercooler dual connector as well. These cars are getting old, and the rubber is starting to degrade here and there and its better safe then sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread