POS customer service recently received!!!

2004svtcobra

Established Member
Well here is my rant!! I bought a 2004 Cobra back in December, it has 2400 miles on it. I recently took it in for warranty work and the dealer I bought the car from in New Castle, PA are A-holes plain and simple!!! Here is the story.

Problems:

#1. Driver's side window leaks like a stuck pig into the car's interior while gently hosing the car down while washing it.

#2 The center console rattles like a vibrator when driving down the road.

#3 The passenger's rear quarter panel is offset past the door's edge and the paint is getting chipped as if it got a good sand blastin'

I got the car back today after four days at the dealership in New Castle. (Mind you, it has been about 70 degrees and sunny the past four days in western PA, so I lost some valuable drive time because of these jerks)

I got a call back today saying that my car is done. I went to pick it up this evening and they told me that the center console does not rattle and that they confirmed it with a test drive!!!!! (More like a joy ride.) They told me that what was causing the paint chipping was stones ( dah!!!) and that warranty does not cover it. They needed to realign the quarter panel and fix the damn' paint in my opinion!! Also, the drivers side has no damage. They told me that there are more stones on the right side of the road than on the left side of the road and that is why the paint is chipping!!! I wanted to punch the idiots at that point. As far as the leak goes, they said they realigned the window and adjusted the weather stripping to repair the leak.

I brought the car home, got out my hose and sprayed the car down. The leak is worse than it was when I dropped it off four days ago!!!! I don't think those A-holes even touched my car!!!!!!

I called and bitched to the person sitting in for the general manager tonight . She said that the service department has gone home for the night and that they would have someone call me in the morning!!! Yeah sure, after they go joy riding with someone else's Cobra for minimum wage!!!

I swear...They are about as intelligent as a box of hammer handles at that place. Getting them to do warranty work is like getting an insurance company to pay for a claim. They are all slime balls and I want to kick some ass. I can't wait until something else more dire occurs.

What would you people do? Am I out in left field on this one?

Thanks!!
:fm: :fm: :fm: :fm: :fm: :fm: :burn:

mystangs

572/677 Hehe
Established Member
Do you have any other dealers around you? If not try giving SVT a call and see what they say about it. I had the same problem with my windows but my dealer fixed it here. It only took them two times.

I would write the miles down right in front of your service advisor and let them know that you are watching them. How many did they put on it? A few to verify the rattle should not be a problem IMHO.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Say screw the warranty and mod the hell out of the car. If something breaks, fix it. :beer:

Your story is EXACTLY why I did the above. You take it in to get something fixed and you get excuses along with a car more messed up than it was to begin with.

On a more sane note...is there another dealership in your area that you trust? Some folks have had better luck with Lincoln/Mercury dealers for warranty repairs.

2004svtcobra

Established Member
I am moving to Baltimore, MD as of April 12th. Are there any dealers down there who are good to work with. I am going to mod the hell out of the car I think. Those grease monkeys will not touch my car again!!!!! The warranty is not worth a POS in my opinion!!!

nj7703

Established Member
This is exactlly why i am taking my car to Amazon and kiss my warranty goodbye. Anything "covered" gets fixed 1/2 assed. I am sorry to hear your story, it sucks when you cant get your car right. I am on my 3rd trip to the dealer in as many weeks to fix the EBrake. My boot was torn, so figured i would have them replace it. They did and they forgot to adjust the tension on the Ebrake. The Ebrake basically does not want to stay down. I go over a bump and it bounces up, nice... that's safe. So Sat i am going back to have that done and never again step foot in that place. By the time they see my car Sat it will be nicely modded. I will just pay for whatever breaks now, my dealer has let me down for the last time.

Users who are viewing this thread