porting troubles

svtjerrod

Established Member
i just had my blower ported and rebuilt by stiegemier, it took a while to get it done but i finally got it all back together.

everything seemed fine at first but then..... a constant noise started.. it seemed to be coming from the nose of the charger. i was using a stethescope so i am pretty sure it is coming from the nose only not the body of the charger..

has anyone else here had their blower ported and rebiult and if so was it noisey at the begining??

i really hope it does not have to go back, i also have a tuning appt wednesday with modular powerhouse... i am gonna call stieg but i cant until tomorrow, i just wondered if anyone else here could help some..

i read stieg's site about the noise, i just dont know if the noise is the same as break in noise..

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Take the belt off and spin the pulley by hand and see if you can "feel" anything grabbing. That might prove what you're hearing. Chances are you'll feel a little drag to prove what you're hearing.

svtjerrod

Established Member
what would it reveal needs a rebiuld again? i did spin it wwhn it was off like moments before spun fine.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If the noise just started it's going to feel different now if there's a bearing that's bad. Or another issue with the snout.

Just try it again and see if you can feel anything.

Users who are viewing this thread