Porting the Stock Blower and Dual Fan Heat Exchangers

Shhhh

Established Member
Anyone port their stock blower? Just curious as to what gains have been seen and to what effect it has had on air temps.

In my other thread I asked if anyone is running a 15% with a 2.4 and a few people have said its a recipe for disaster. I will probably end up adding the 15% and putting the stock upper back on but just to keep IATs in check Im curious about a dual fan heat exchanger. Anyone running one on their '13 and which would you recommend?

Here are a few I was looking at. Assuming the '12s mate to the '13s.
Steeda 2005-2013 Mustang Triple Pass Heat Exchanger With Fans - Made in the USA 555-3707
Shelby American Competition Heat Exchanger - Heat Exchangers - Cooling - 2011-2012 Shelby GT500
AFCO Dual Pass Heat Exchanger w/Dual 10" Fans - Heat Exchangers - Cooling - 2011-2012 Shelby GT500

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
With basic bolt on's I do not think you need to mess with the H/E. Ford did a good job upgrading the cooling. The only thing you might need is colder plugs and 170tstat

Shhhh

Established Member
With basic bolt on's I do not think you need to mess with the H/E. Ford did a good job upgrading the cooling. The only thing you might need is colder plugs and 170tstat

The H/E was more in reference with running a 2.4upper and 15% lower setup. I know its going to create a lot of heat but honestly its a dyno/garage queen. That doesn't mean I don't give a shit and want it to pull timing for the rest of its life.

I know someone else mentioned that longtubes would help(Dropping ~1psi and lowering temps). I don't really want to but I guess that's another route if need be.

Anyone port a stock blower and if so can you please post pictures? Is it similar to the 03/04 Eaton port jobs?

Van@RevanRacing

I ran my car around Daytona at 175 MPH and didn't pull timing. I'm still on the fence about whether or not to do a dual fan heat exchanger on my car. I have a couple of customers that have done the Revan Racing Dual fan Heat Exchanger with 11" fans that doesn't have a Shelby logo. Have to call me, not on the website.

With that said, Ford did an awesome job on the intercooling and heat exchanger system on the 2013. I've driven my car at all of the Florida road courses and I had repeated lap times which means no heat soak. OEM is really good IMO.

Shhhh

Established Member
I ran my car around Daytona at 175 MPH and didn't pull timing. I'm still on the fence about whether or not to do a dual fan heat exchanger on my car. I have a couple of customers that have done the Revan Racing Dual fan Heat Exchanger with 11" fans that doesn't have a Shelby logo. Have to call me, not on the website.

With that said, Ford did an awesome job on the intercooling and heat exchanger system on the 2013. I've driven my car at all of the Florida road courses and I had repeated lap times which means no heat soak. OEM is really good IMO.

I was hoping you would chime in about your racing experiences. Thank you :beer:

F8L SN8K

Established Member

This has got to be the first thread in SVTPerformance history that a heat exchanger was not recommended! LOL and in another thread someone mentioned using Ford Motorcraft oil and no one started in about amsoil!! The world as we knew it did come to an end a few months back didn't it.

Users who are viewing this thread