Porting for VMP elbow on stock Eaton

fmylife

Established Member
What bit did you use? Harbor Freight has a bunch of bits for Dremels, just want to make sure I don't buy a whole bunch of unnecessary bits.

I'm assuming I'll need a bit for cutting away the bulk of the material but what to use for smoothing it afterwards?

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I'm also thinking about doing the same thing and I have the same question.
I think a 115 bit for Dremel would do the job just fine but this is just a guess.

fmylife

Established Member
Picked up just the straight file that's in this kit and knocked it out real quick with a cheap 1/4" air die grinder this afternoon.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200637645_200637645

I stuffed a couple towels in the hole and that kept the shavings from going where they shouldn't but it would be better to have some kind of thick grease or beeswax on everything to catch them. It also took a while to blow out all of the shavings from the engine bay.

As for improvement, it feels smoother in the low end but pulls a little better up top as well. Once I get the throttle body installed later this week, it should be even more noticeable.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Interesting, I already have a Dremel with the 115 bit and it looks very similar to what you have so I think it would be fine.
So what about smoothing it afterwards? I'm guessing that the file left it smooth enough?

Was that with or without a tune?
Please keep us posted, and if possible I'd love to see some numbers :beer:

fmylife

Established Member
Yours should work. It left it smooth enough...no worries there.

I already have a JLT cai, 2.5" upper pulley and Lund tune. I'd ask VMP about needing a tune if that's the only mod you have.

Users who are viewing this thread