porting cobra jet intake

Eng90

Established Member
good day gentlemen,

i need your feedback to porting the cobra jet intake... is there difference from porting ?? is it worth it to do the porting ??

and if it it worth it .. where and how do i do the porting ?

Many thanks,

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I can't honestly say if or how much of a difference there is between a ported CJ and a non-ported CJ, however, with my current combo (see my sig for mods), I dyno'd 440whp with a ported CJ. I had mine ported by Bret Barber. He seems to be a "go-to" for a lot of Coyote N/A folks for intake manifold porting.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Back when I was n/a I had my Cobra jet sent out for some port work by Bret Barber, but I had it sent out before it ever went on the car. If your looking to get the most out of the setup, I'd highly recommend it. Ported work by Bret tends to yield 10whp/10wtq across a majority of the power curve.

96gt02

Established Member
Yes it's absolutely worth it, have you ever looked how bad the castings are on the CJ runners! It's about the cheapest 10HP you can buy, and if your not familiar with porting, don't do it yourself as a bad port job can be worse then no porting at all. Bret Barber chargers $250 plus shipping or Drew 01bluesnake on here (Dmark performance) charges $150 plus shipping

Eng90

Established Member
How hard is it to port at home ?

Is there an instructional video or a document which shows how to do it ?

Users who are viewing this thread