porter cable 7224 or 7336sp ?

FriscoCobra

Established Member
porter cable 7424 or 7336sp ?

porter cable 7424 or 7336sp ?

Same price, found both for $120 on the internet which one is better and why ?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Tropi-CareChris

Tropi-Care Distributor
Established Member
I have found the 7336sp @ Lowes for $109, but you will still need a hook&loop backing plate. $120 seems on the high side. I would make the max on Ebay @ $110.

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Tropi-CareChris said:
I have found the 7336sp @ Lowes for $109, but you will still need a hook&loop backing plate. $120 seems on the high side. I would make the max on Ebay @ $110.

What is a hook and loop backing plate? I found the unit on ebay and lowes and it looks like the exact same thing. Are you saying the one form lowes doesn't include a part I might need?

B.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Dont forget to get pads....Alot of these companies on here sell a package deal.The back plate with all the pads.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
TTT .. more info needed .. what is the backing plate .. etc? List what all is needed with the ending price as well as where to get ..

thanks,
Crowley

Scott P

Established Member
Neither one of the machines comes from Porter Cable with a hook and loop (Velcro) backing plate. You can get one from the place you get your pads. You will want a backing plate that fits the pads tht you are using.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
7336 sp. because the p stangs for polishing. which brings a white pad. So go to lowes you wont regret it. And wont have to ship it if it is damaged =-)

spree

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
7336 sp. because the p stangs for polishing. which brings a white pad. So go to lowes you wont regret it. And wont have to ship it if it is damaged =-)

my 7424 also came with a white pad. It's worthless, junk it immediately.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
spree said:

:dw: I actually plan on using it to to add the vm on my next wax, and substitute my green pad. My sonus kit came with 3" foam pads

* cutting
* polishing
* Finishing pad
2 Mf buffing bonnets.

I beleive the white pad would help and will not ever see the trash. Unless the results are disapointing. Because ssr, vm, RMG, CW all require a pad. I dont like using my hands it takes forever.

washwax.gif

Last edited:

Juiced-03

Established Member
spree said:

Yes I agree. I would not let it touch my paint. The guys over on Autopia said it was too harsh on the paint and left marring, so I chucked it. It's not worth the risk.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
Where do you guys get your pads and the backing plate at? Advance Auto or other car place? I was thinking about purchasing one so I can use it for my car, and maybe use it to polish cars if my dad gets a used car lot going. From a lot of people that use it on here, it must be worth the price over hand polishing. About how much would it cost me altogether for what I need to get started?

Juiced-03

Established Member
I get my pads from a local detail distributor, but you can get them online from Autogeek, SpecialtyMotoring, or Top of The Line.

Users who are viewing this thread