Ported Stock TB or BBK T65?

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
I have been wondering about this......

I currently have a Steggy stage 4 ported blower + ported plenum and throttle body package. Months ago I swapped the ported TB for a twin 65mm BBK.
My question is since the plenum was port matched to the "stock" ported TB, is it better to run that one or to run the BBK one I have on there now. Rotating the throttle blades I can see a lip on the lower side of the plenum where the opening is smaller than the BBK's opening. Wouldn't this just bottleneck air, or would putting the matching ported TB be a big step down? :shrug:

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
If there is slight to none performance loss I am looking at putting the stock ported one back on and selling the BBK. Only doing this cause I'm picky. I saw how mismatched the plenum holes were to the BBK, and plus I was thinking of upgrading to a single blade throttle body later with matching plenum. Then I was just going to put the BBK in the market section here since it only has about 5k miles.

I dunno. Anyone have anymore thoughts? :shrug:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Why not just open the throttle blades, mark the exposed edges, then file them down (or use a die grinder, if you have one)? It is very easy to do, and that seems to me like it would be better than downgrading the TB. It's not like you need to do any "real porting", you just have to port-match the opening, and then you're done!

Users who are viewing this thread