Ported Eaton ?

RTM

Established Member
Okay guys, we all know that the search function is down. So here are my questions.

I may possibly be buying an Eaton that I can then have ported. I will then sell the Eaton that was on my car after the switch.

1. Does the port job make the Eaton create less heat? In other words, is this mod an improvement that is actually better for the engine?

2. I know that I would need re-tuned. I plan to keep the 2.8 pulley that I currently have. Would there be anything else required when I do it?

3. Do you guys think the ported Eaton is worth the money? What kind of power could I see?

Thanks for the help and your opinions. I really don't know what is best.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Less heat, yes.

Less boost, yes. But more efficient, more power.

With a 2.8 and ported eaton, you chance pegging your MAF and maxxing our your fuel pumps.

I have a 2.76 going on, I am doing an SCT MAF, 55 lb. injectors and focus pumps just in case.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by ChicagoMike
Less heat, yes.

Less boost, yes. But more efficient, more power.

With a 2.8 and ported eaton, you chance pegging your MAF and maxxing our your fuel pumps.

I have a 2.76 going on, I am doing an SCT MAF, 55 lb. injectors and focus pumps just in case.

I totally agree with you.... But I gained boost. I went from 14.5 max to 15 max. Definately less heat. Also if you are doing a port job I totally recomend a Heat Exchanger to maximize your gain. I am installing my 4lb lower, MAF and retuning on Friday! I will let you guys know how my fuel is.

RTM

Established Member
Thanks guys,

These are exactly the types of answers that I am looking for.

I was hoping to get away without changing the pumps. The MAM would not be bad though.

I wonder if there is a specific size of pulley that would allow me to retain most of the stock stuff.

Or am I pretty much close to maxing out what the MAM and pumps will handle now?

I will be putting in a MRT catted H this week-end.

I may just stick with an aftermarket TB/Plenum as my next and final go fast mod.

I don't run the car on a track and it's a Daily Driver. But I figured that if I could do the port, gain some more HP and at the same type help the engine by reducing heat, it would be a good way to go.

Thanks.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by RTM
Thanks guys,

These are exactly the types of answers that I am looking for.

I was hoping to get away without changing the pumps. The MAM would not be bad though.

I wonder if there is a specific size of pulley that would allow me to retain most of the stock stuff.

Or am I pretty much close to maxing out what the MAM and pumps will handle now?

I will be putting in a MRT catted H this week-end.

I may just stick with an aftermarket TB/Plenum as my next and final go fast mod.

I don't run the car on a track and it's a Daily Driver. But I figured that if I could do the port, gain some more HP and at the same type help the engine by reducing heat, it would be a good way to go.

Thanks.

The only reason that I am upgrading is the 4lb lower I am adding to my 2.8 setup. I think you will be fine with a 2.8 and Apten and good tune. IMO The true test is to dyno it. Remember it is always better to be safe than sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread