Ported eaton/N20 combo switched to KB/Whipple combo and is unhappy???

04cobracop

Established Member
Hey guys or girls,

Who has gone from a ported eaton/N20 combo to a KB/Whipple combo and is unhappy. I have just purchased a 2.2 KB and have been thinking about just keeping my stage IV ported eaton/N20 combo. I was thinking about just going from a 50shot to a 75 or 100shot. Any info in this area would be great. Thanks!!!:thumbsup:

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
never went the kb or whipple route because with my steggy and 100 shot, I didn't have to waste a ass load of money upgrading my fuel system/blower/bla bla bla. I have 620/680 and love it. plus I save a bunch of lute and if you are like me and have many hobbies, I can't just stick it all in one spot. Put on the 100 shot and see if you like it. Guys here will probably bust my balls saying my stock fuel system isn't good but I have a ass load of passes, and over 2 years on my setup without a glich. It is all in the tune....oh yeah, if you aren't using a wet shot, switch to it.

YGETV8

Established Member
The only experience I have here is: last weekend in an impromptu race with a buddy who just bought a pretty built-up Whipple car we were door to door from about 20-90mph. I've got a 100 dry on top of 2.8/2# Stage IV Steg. Not saying he wouldn't have pulled me had we gone further, but...

jlauth

Established Member
I am interested in this question too. I know that a sprayed car will always have more torque, but it seems like a bit of a toss up.

SWEET94COBRA you made some great numbers with the N2O.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
thanks, tuned by HPP in Texas (awesome dudes), moved to alaska and this still check in on me from time to time. The ported eaton cars love the juice, just ain't me, broke was there that day running 10.80s on blower only. It is all in the tune. There was a kb car there that day running 11.1s. Hell I was running 11.4s on my ported steggy. Just not worth the money in my book unless you have money to burn. Now if I never bought a port, pullies, NOTHING, then I would probably go straight to a whipple or kb but now that I got the money invested, I don't think it is worth the upgrade unless you get crazy with like a 2.8kb with sick boost.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
I have not switched to a KB or Whipple and do not plan to until the blower goes to pieces or makes ugly noises.
I do plan to do a wet 125 shot, With injectors and a SCT 2400 I should be able to get 520whp and with a 125 shot hopefully 620whp.

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
i have stock blower/pulleys with a wet shot and its awesome. i recommend it to everyone. these cars turn into roid raging venomous snakes with some spray. i can only imagine how spraying a kb/whippy would be :burnout:

04cobracop

Established Member
I ordered a 75 and 100shot pill for my car today. I was told my order will arrival this Saturday. I will make appointment with James@RWTD to retune my car with the 75 shot first and see what type of numbers, then I might just go with the 100 shot and see what type of numbers that puts down. Man I hate this car!!!!!LOL.

terminator04

Director Choice 1st place
Established Member
I have 620rwhp without spray on pump gas..with my Whipple!..NO regrets here! :)

Last edited:

03nightmare

BRAD
Established Member
well for me the thing I like about spray is pump gas, tell the tuner what you got at the pump and spray it all day. no having to mess with torco and high octane race fuels, sure better gas means more timing and better numbers but when your down in the fund department it is always nice to fill up and go if you what I mean. I am talking wet kit here.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
yeah I think that is the whole matter $$$$. If you got the $$$ then of course KB/Whipple would be better, if you got $$$ get a shelby, for poor ass Gi's like me. I take the eaton and the spray.

03yellow

Established Member
I would rather make the same Hp with out the bottle. It can be done with the KB.

Its would be nice to have the hp there all the time with out depending on the bottle.

Its the Little things on the bottle that get old...ie bottle pressure, filling the bottle, not knowing how much you have, keeping the bottle warm, $$$,trunk space, runnig out and not being able to get a refill, ......

However, theres nothing like the tq and 60 foot time on the bottle:D

You may want to consider a race pulley and tune with the KB and use race fuel and those spacial occations. Easier than filling the bottle!

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Yeah filling the bottle sucks but it is a hell of alot cheaper. And if you run a ported eaton/juice car up against a kb car. I'm pretty sure the juiced car will win on the track if the KB isn't pulling some insane ass boost. I could be wrong though, Now you add juice to the KB car and it is a totally different story but then you are right back to having juice. How much $$$ you got? That is the question.

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Yeah, using nitrous is a lot cheaper but, you usually don't have any problems at 25psi. Except for that stretched Busa...

Fuerza

Established Member
little off the topic

What kind of power could you make with a 2.76, ported Eaton and a 100 shot of nitrous?

Users who are viewing this thread