Ported Eaton case, rotor pack swap question

srdigital

Established Member
Howdy,

I’m swapping the internals of my stock Eaton into another ported case. I’m having significant contact with the rotors and case near the porting. Am I missing something when installing the rotor pack? Could The case be warped? No issues when reinstalling the rotor pack back into the stock case.

I coated the edge of the rotors with a sharpie pen and spun it what I could by hand. Here’s pictures of the contact areas:

BBCA86CA-6A31-4E5B-8CAA-318F6D24F696.jpeg
F3B90650-764D-4FF5-A1C0-7AC0FFA373EC.jpeg

01yellercobra

Established Member
Eh. Let it run for a couple minutes. It'll self clear. J/K.

What happened to the rotors that were in the ported case?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
why not ask a supercharger builder who deals with this stuff? I know its your build but, honestly, I wouldn't waste my time with ported eatons anymore. If this was 2004 I would say yea lol. There are so many better blowers and you can scoop some up for dirt cheap. Just my opinion not tryin to be a dck.

srdigital

Established Member
why not ask a supercharger builder who deals with this stuff? I know its your build but, honestly, I wouldn't waste my time with ported eatons anymore. If this was 2004 I would say yea lol. There are so many better blowers and you can scoop some up for dirt cheap. Just my opinion not tryin to be a dck.

I did reach out to the original porter, waiting to hear back. i thought some third party opinions might be good. I got the case for next to nothing, smoke em if you got em! From my research it seemed like it was supposed to be an easy swap with the rotorpack. i'm not super interested in lots of aftermarket stuff for this build and it suits my needs and goals. you didn't come off as a dick because you're right, I could get me a whipple for cheap and it would be an easier swap than this rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread