Ported Eaton, add 2# lower, KB or whipple?

KosherCobra

Established Member
Do I try once more to put the 2# lower that will go nice with my 2.77 upper. (Pulley assembly, belt and idler kit $ 450 +/-) 25 HP
Then get the Heat exchanger ($ 450)

Do I put the ported Eaton. ($ 500 +/-) 30 HP

Do I save the $$ for the KB ( $ 3,600 +/-) 125 HP (Proven)

Do I go for the new Whipple ( 3,600 +/-) 125 HP (Still new)

This is the dilema, I AM A SPEED JUNKIE. But I have become more mature. (Eventhough I bought I Cobra that I don't drive)

2#, HE and ported Eaton with my current mods, I'm a low 11 car with over 500 HP. Which on any given day will beat out 98% of the cars out there.

KB & Whipple, it won't stop. Half-shafts, clutch etc...

Bottom line is it worth doing the KB or Whipple. Will that just satisfy to the point that "that's it!!! I'm done!!!)

I want the car to be fast enough that I can say "It's so fast it even scares me"

mnypit

Established Member
I just finished wrestling with the same dilema. I got rid of my 600HP 2001 Cobra to get an '03. Just got it 4 weeks ago. Even a few weeks before I got the '03, I thought I had made up my mind to go with a Kenne Bell setup. Then I started reading and researching and learned more about the ported Eaton from Apten.

Well, the blower cam off today and is being shipped to Apten tomorrow. That along with my Bassani exhaust and a 2.76" pulley, and GordsFord HE, I will be near 500RWHP and 500RWTQ for under $2000, including a custom dyno tune; and that kind of power will beat 98% of the cars any day. Plus I get to retain somewhat of a "stock" appearance. No, it wont be fast enough to "scare" me or you, but it would take a ride in the Space Shuttle before I got scared!!;) It also a VERY easy mod, no fuss, no worries, just simple.

Maybe I am getting lazy in my old age, but I pinked around with my '01 for 2 years, and this year I just wanted something I can start up and go drive around. I will be able to do that with the Apten blower.

Any of you rchoices will get you want you are looking for, and your right, it never REALLY stops!!

Good luck!

Steve

KosherCobra

Established Member
To be honest, I'm opting to do get the Apten, putting on the 2# lower, Heat exchanger, custom tune on the predator and getting rid of that hot-air intake. It's either K&N non-carb approved Air-Charger (supposed to have the most gains) The Apten is sweet looking, but would like to see a dyno sheet on it.

If I can squeezes 525/525 (Race gas) I'll have a grin from ear to ear!!!

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
here's a car with headers and the apten. Before was stock pulley, after was apten and 2.76 (no idler). So the difference is going form stock to 2.76 and ported blower.
500apten.jpg

Last edited:

KosherCobra

Established Member
I like that!!!!!

But there is no way I'm putting on long tubes on that car. I've worked on alot of cars and I allways say "let's go for it" but this,

NO FREAKING WAY!!!!!! I'll just add boost!!!! Looks like i can reach my numbers with what is shown on the dyno sheet

Users who are viewing this thread