Ported eaton + 2.75 upper + 4lb lower + 91 = meth?

Bigggy

Established Member
Hi guys,
Next summer I might go with a 4lb lower to add at my current setup of stock lower with 2.75 upper on a Stage 5 Steegy Eaton. The only thing I can run here is 91 octane so do you guys think that it would still be ok with a tune on 91 or I should also go with a meth kit to have better iat2s and don't cut timming that much.

Inputs are appreciated!

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I'm running a Steg Stage 7 port with that pulley combo on 93 octane in the heat of the South. That pulley combo spins the blower hard as hell and I'm sure it pulls timing like crazy after a few hits in the heat so meth would definitely help with the IAT2 part of the equation, but I think by the time next summer rolls around, my current setup will be replaced by a TVS or at least a good set of headers! Headers are a necessity when spinning the blower that hard as it becomes inefficient with the stock manifolds. I'm pushing 18 pounds of boost, but not making the same amount of horsepower and torque that a more efficient blower or a similar combo with a good set of headers will make.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I've said it a million times. Nitrous typically doesn't even touch IAT2's. Your intercooler will cool the incoming air when it can but it WILL also HEAT the incoming air as well.

So no I wouldn't do that.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I've said it a million times. Nitrous typically doesn't even touch IAT2's. Your intercooler will cool the incoming air when it can but it WILL also HEAT the incoming air as well.

Damn where have you been Posi, I get in another 03 Cobra to learn you no longer are in the game :-( Need work done !
Good to see you around!

Bigggy

Established Member
I'm running a Steg Stage 7 port with that pulley combo on 93 octane in the heat of the South. That pulley combo spins the blower hard as hell and I'm sure it pulls timing like crazy after a few hits in the heat so meth would definitely help with the IAT2 part of the equation, but I think by the time next summer rolls around, my current setup will be replaced by a TVS or at least a good set of headers! Headers are a necessity when spinning the blower that hard as it becomes inefficient with the stock manifolds. I'm pushing 18 pounds of boost, but not making the same amount of horsepower and torque that a more efficient blower or a similar combo with a good set of headers will make.

I'm also running MAC LTs with offroad pro-chamber and Borla stinger for the exhaust. On the intake side I have JLT Ram air with the stock MAF + MAFia, TB and plenum are steegy ported. Like you said, LTs will help drop the boost for sure. For the intake I also have a JLT High boost + 2600 SCT MAF laying around.

No one ever talked about Nitrous ;).

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

Biggy here's your answer and I wouldn't rely on meth 100% of the time to "save" my engine.

Bigggy

Established Member
I don.t want to rely on the meth to save the engine, but maybe prevent rolling back timing because of the high IAT2. I'm not sure to understand about the fact that the IC could heat the air, in which condition IC coolant would be hotter then the air post blower? I understand that it could heat up the colder incoming of meth but in the end should be a bit colder?

Just to be clear I would go with injection post blower not before, but it is even possible?

I know that you know your sh*t Posi, I just want to understand why it would not help at all.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Yes sir on the Killer Chiller.

If you're going to try and do it post blower then sure I say go for it but with the proper safety in case it quits working on you. I've been following meth since 2009 maybe (?) because just like you, you would think it would work great but there just isn't enough info out there from many people that have had good luck with it doing what we would want it to do.

Users who are viewing this thread