Ported Cobra vs. TVS2300 Camaro & P1SC 5.0

venomws6

Established Member
Great run and video man that Camaro pulled hard liked the color too :rockon:

Keep'em coming

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
All three cars are great runners, Camaro won the TRQ battle, 5.0 driver needs some more practice shifting. Thanks for sharing.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
5.0 had trouble finding gears. Camaro was a beast. Those 2.3L TVS make good power, especially when combined with a good heads/cam combo.

Probably a 10 second car.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Great run and video man that Camaro pulled hard

Not to rain on the Camaro's parade, but stock blower Termi's are weak sauce. Want proof? This is a pullied, intake, exhaust, tuned SY Cobra versus my GT500. At the time, it was a ported/pullied setup with supporting mods.

I gave him a full car hit before I laid into it. Camera man was slow on the trigger, as it was an unexpected race.

[youtube_browser]NrlQxkvkubM[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

ponypwr

Established Member
Am I the only MF to see that dude spent 7 grand to run 5psi? What you think its gonna run like? lol

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Am I the only MF to see that dude spent 7 grand to run 5psi? What you think its gonna run like? lol

My guess is its the stage 1 procharger which is laughable at best. He is also probably running the base tune which would put him around 500whp.

SVTRAT

Banned

Ummmm....High compression, fuel octane. But then again pulley, it for 10psi and you will 600+rwhp. Not everybody like to push the envelope.

stangfreak

Established Member

I have been preaching the same concept for the past 9 years. I love the people that buy twinscrews and run 15lbs of boost on cobras. Or I like this also. "Hey can I buy a 3.4 whipple and run 18lbs of boost?"

SSMOKE-U

Super Petrosexual
Established Member
Not to rain on the Camaro's parade, but stock blower Termi's are weak sauce. Want proof? This is a pullied, intake, exhaust, tuned SY Cobra versus my GT500. At the time, it was a ported/pullied setup with supporting mods.

I gave him a full car hit before I laid into it. Camera man was slow on the trigger, as it was an unexpected race.

[youtube_browser]NrlQxkvkubM[/youtube_browser]

I was thinking just the opposite. When my '03 was pulley, intake, exhaust, tune only I pulled away hard from a GT500 that had same mods.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Cobra did good against the maro. I had the camaro winning from the jump. Good runs:beer:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I was thinking just the opposite. When my '03 was pulley, intake, exhaust, tune only I pulled away hard from a GT500 that had same mods.

Dude, stock blower Termi's are weak sauce. Your experience doesn't change that fact.

My point isn't to dis the Termi, as it's more to discredit the Camaro that someone thought "pulled so hard".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread