Ported blower or TB & Intake

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
I've got 550.00 to spend on my truck and was wanted to know which would be better. A Stiegemeier ported blower or a LFP SBTB and C&L intake kit. Blower stage 4 is like 425.00 and the intake and thottle body is 529.00. My truck has only 40,000 miles on it and the only mods I have so far is K&N FIPK kit, Catback, 6# lower and a tunner that has not been installed yet. I want people opinions on what I should do next. Which one will make more power and more since.

Thanks
Chris

krzemienr

NOS Doesn't Make You Cool
Established Member
ported blower, def.. more bang for the buck....that's my next mod, plus you can also port your on tb and save a few bucks there...

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
I did the porting and it is great bang for the buck. I am having an issue with too much boost with my 6# pulley but thats easy to fix.

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
Thanks. Looks like I'm getting a ported blower. I may let them port my TB and intake until I get more funds to buy the C&L and SBTB.

Chris

87vertgt

Da Bears!
Established Member
I noticed big increase's in performance when I installed my single blade tb and plenum....not to say that you wont see more out of a blower port.......

Blower port and Trans upgrade is next on my "To do list"

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
You could go either way. I'd probably agree that with your mods, you might see/feel more performance with the C&L Intake and SBTB than the port. The SBTB adds about 600 CFM IIRC. OTH, the port is great for the future too. Gotta'install the chip and tune it... that'll get you more than anything else.

moon

Established Member
87vertgt:
Interested in what you'd do in upgrading your trans ??

I noticed big increase's in performance when I installed my single blade tb and plenum....not to say that you wont see more out of a blower port.......

Blower port and Trans upgrade is next on my "To do list"

Users who are viewing this thread