ported 03 cobra vs supra

speeddisorder

Established Member
I took the day off from work today just take the cobra out and just ride around the back roads and enjoy the day. It was the first time I drove it since I got it tuned. Im at 491/512 on a mustang dyno. So I took the highway home and Im rolling up the road no cars around and I got the whole road to my self, thats when I looked in the mirror to see a black mid 90s turbo supra getting bigger and bigger then he flys by. This car was beautiful. I paced it and once I caught up to it, it looked like it had a 3.5 inch pipe on it. And the rims were deep dish and looked like they cost 2k each. Ive only seen them on tv so I was a little awe struck. I pulled up next to him and gave a thumbs up and a nice car nod and he smiles and nods back. I doing about 75 and down shift to 4th to pull ahead the lone car we came up on and he pulls out behind me. He nails it and starts to pull hard he gets out 2 car before I hit it. I wound out 4th to 6500 rpm and pulled past him about a car and a half and let out of it at 6500. The guy about 50ish pulls backup grinning ear to ear and giving a big thumbs up I smiled and gave one back and he took off. The car was from N.B.Canada. Very happy with the new steggy port the car has now. If he would have slowed down I would have taken a picture of it and made a poster of it. I would love to build one of those. SpeedD.

SBVERT03

Established Member
Great Kill man! Supra's are very cool cars for sure. To be honest I know very little about them. My friend just got a bone stock auto 94. I need to do some research to figure out how much (or little lol) he will need to do before he can beat me. Haha.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Last car I raced before my engine went was a big single turbo swapped supra, super clean and white damn beautiful car. but something was up with it or its tune bc I pulled much harder than I expected to on it.

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
where in Maine are you? I saw a nice 03 black cobra in Augusta on Rte3 going possibly towards the coast with a roll bar and two probably mid 20's young adults in it. This was yesterday too. Nice to see another Maine'ah on the board.

02SVTV6

Established Member
Last car I raced before my engine went was a big single turbo swapped supra, super clean and white damn beautiful car. but something was up with it or its tune bc I pulled much harder than I expected to on it.

probably didn't know u were racing him...and or wasn't a single turbo car unless you physically looked under the hood or he didnt have one.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
probably didn't know u were racing him...and or wasn't a single turbo car unless you physically looked under the hood or he didnt have one.

I know this guy from local car meets, and it was a run we set up.. He wanted a rerun the week after bc he got retuned, but that was when I started noticing my car acting funny..

Good kill though op!!

Users who are viewing this thread