Port the blower.???

STACKZ89

Established Member
What's up guys just trying to see what kind of power or is it even worth porting the stock blower on my 2012 gt500... I have a 2.65 upper and a 10% lower. Just curious if it's worth doing.... I plan on doing a bigger blower in a year or 2 but for now I just wanna see what I can get out of my eaton.. Also how much power is to much for the stock motor?? Thanks in advance all input is much appreciated!!!

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
Trynity blowers are very affordable. So for 600+ you could have a ported eaton, or for 1,500 bolt on a tvs. Well worth the extra coin.

However, I'm a dummy installing cams with an eaton instead of a tvs!

Mike

STACKZ89

Established Member
Trynity blowers are very affordable. So for 600+ you could have a ported eaton, or for 1,500 bolt on a tvs. Well worth the extra coin.

However, I'm a dummy installing cams with an eaton instead of a tvs!

Mike
I know the tvs makes more power but I really like the sound of the eaton... In my opinion I think the eaton is the most whine u can get on a gt500 but then again I don't hear to many tvs gt500's.... Just curious how much I could get with a ported eaton.. And ur car is going to sound wicked with some cam's!!!

merkyworks

Established Member
The most I have read porting getting is 30-40 more. The 4 lobe design of the TVS really is superior to the 3 lob of the Eaton.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I think BPS charges around 400 to port and it should make about 30-40 whp more and pull harder up top. Nothing whined like my ported eaton and I've ran them all, tvs, whipple etc. For a budget build to run a few years yes it's worth it and you can sell later to get back most of the money. Generally consensus is 700-750 whp safely on a good tune, fuel, timing etc.

Alloy Snake

Established Member
I also think its worth it, I did mine myself and was very pleased with the results ,Huge torque on the low end and the sound was incredible, I ran the 2.6 upper and 10% lower as well with a large throttle body . I love the KB I have now but at the time it was a hot set up on a budget. It will get very warm spinning that fast as a side note.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Well worth it on the factory Eaton. I've been running a ported Eaton for 5 years now and have really enjoyed it. Running 608 RWHP with a 2.40" upper, VMP throttle body, and 22 degree race tune. Porting will not gain as much as with the 03/04' M-112 Eaton's but you will see typically right around 30 horsepower. Eaton corrected some of their inefficient flow designs when they designed the M-122. Not bad for $400 and you can always sell it for minimal loss when/if you upgrade. I've had a Trinity sitting in my closet for a year but see no reason to change over right now.

fauls gt500

Established Member
What's up guys just trying to see what kind of power or is it even worth porting the stock blower on my 2012 gt500... I have a 2.65 upper and a 10% lower. Just curious if it's worth doing.... I plan on doing a bigger blower in a year or 2 but for now I just wanna see what I can get out of my eaton.. Also how much power is to much for the stock motor?? Thanks in advance all input is much appreciated!!!

i love mine 2.6 upper 15% lower full bolt on ported eaton 630 rwhp 93 tune 14* timing and 700 rwhp 19* timing on e 85 you can make plenty power if set up correct and good tune car runs low tens no nos spray and cams coming soon going to max this little eaton all the way out

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
you guys are a bad influence. so for those who ported it themselves, would you do it again? any good reference for doing the work? and did you buy a ported elbow or port your own.

thanks
mike

1st usa car

Established Member
if you want max whine -- I heard it is best to weld up some of the bottom vents under the supercharger.. someone else chime in to verify-

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
So what kind of mods do I need for the ported eaton..? Bap, injectors, do u need a tb..?

I've been reading on topic for a while but wasn't really planning on doing it until you sparked my interest to research some more. I just took the "easy" way and found someone with an unused VMP ported elbow for $200. It's not just the elbow that will do the work, but also port matching the back of the blower to match.

that in combination with the 65mm twin throttle body and JLT intake will help make some decent gains.

When people asked about a ported elbow with stock throttle body, it was VMP who said like 7-9hp gain and about 40 with their throttle body. So the elbow needs to be able to breathe better from the front end.

I'm not an expert on these cars by any means but the trend would be intake, throttle body, ported elbow and port match the blower case.

I can't speak on your fuel, but I picked up some 13/14 injectors from a buddy as well since I will have cams and an off road h pipe. if the car made 570 with my mods, I'd be happy

Mike

for reference, this is my current parts list waiting to be installed. other than headers and a 10% lower pulley, I believe this covers everything to make power with an eaton

JLT CAI
Ford 65mm TB
VMP ported elbow
Port match blower case
2.5 pulley
90mm idler
BPS cams
Off road H pipe
AFCO HE

Last edited:

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
couple of the 10-15 threads I browsed through. If I was to get my eaton ported it would be through BPS or 1320junkie on here. The elbow was easy to justify because it'll sell when I'm done with the eaton and upgrade to a tvs. ported blowers typically sell for the cost of the port. So I decided against that.

the "master" thread
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...i-Performance-GT500-quot-Race-Port-quot/page5

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/6-p...rted-their-supercharger-elbow-themselves.html

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/6-performance-modifications/130713-ported-eaton.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?989921-Ported-stock-M122-dyno-s-and-1-4-times

Last edited:

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
Porting Eaton would be waste of money imo. Either get tvs or for about $1k get a really nice nitrous set up and spray 150 shot.....****er will be fast

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
Porting Eaton would be waste of money imo. Either get tvs or for about $1k get a really nice nitrous set up and spray 150 shot.....****er will be fast

where have you seen a TVS for 1,000? I'll take one please. 1,500 plus shipping is the lowest I've found.

Mike

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
So what kind of mods do I need for the ported eaton..? Bap, injectors, do u need a tb..?
Do not need BAP or injectors with ported Eaton. Throttle body will give you a nice gain. I've had the Ford 65mm and VMP 67mm. VMP much better IMO. Made 10 more RWHP with my setup and driveability is better. Ported elbow would help a bit as well, but not to the extent of the throttle body.

STACKZ89

Established Member
I also think its worth it, I did mine myself and was very pleased with the results ,Huge torque on the low end and the sound was incredible, I ran the 2.6 upper and 10% lower as well with a large throttle body . I love the KB I have now but at the time it was a hot set up on a budget. It will get very warm spinning that fast as a side note.

When you were running the ported eaton set up what kind of fuel system upgrades were u running and how did the stock clutch hold up???

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
where have you seen a TVS for 1,000? I'll take one please. 1,500 plus shipping is the lowest I've found.

Mike
I didn't say get tvs for $1k.... I said that for around $1k you can put together nice nitrous set up

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
I ran an Upper(2.6)/lower(10%) combo and a Posi ported eaton and elbow for awhile. Cheap ass steeda intake, Whipple 160MB, a KB DBAP on stock injectors, factory manifolds and an OR X My car was making around 630rw (mustang dyno) on pump gas. Car was alotta fun.....if you want more then that.....THEN Spray that Girl!

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
I didn't say get tvs for $1k.... I said that for around $1k you can put together nice nitrous set up

my bad. I usually pay better attention.

well after some reading I'm sold on porting the blower. Posi did a great job laying the foundation with pictures and results. I'll write up mine as well when the time comes as well as results.

Users who are viewing this thread