Porsche Twin Turbo Wimps Out

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
Well I was on my to work when i spyed a silver brand new porsche twin turbo. So i slow down and wait for it. As he pulls up next to me he looks at the cobra and laughs so i shift down to 3rd. The look on his face was priceless! In third i was at 5grand not exactly quite. Then i gave him a little rev, nothin so i stomped on it and went on my way. O well one day ill run one of those.

:rollseyes

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Hey Fabspeed why do you 944 guys rename your cars 951? That isnt a Porsche designation:shrug:

Wild Bill

Established Member
Your car does sound mean as hell though! It would make a lot of drivers think twice before running you.I cant wait to get my cutouts.

Fabspeed911

Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Hey Fabspeed why do you 944 guys rename your cars 951? That isnt a Porsche designation:shrug:

See M5's explaination. :D

There are alot of internal designations used by owners.

pre-86 911 Turbo = 930
924 Turbo = 931
944 Turbo = 951
Boxster = 986

Etc, etc, etc.

NBMss346

Established Member
I had run into a silver 996/911 that had pulled the badging. Little did I know it was a turbo! We ran from 45-150 on the interstate, no contest he OWNED me. But it was still badass!!!

Saleen Explorer

Established Member
Originally posted by NBMss346
I had run into a silver 996/911 that had pulled the badging. Little did I know it was a turbo! We ran from 45-150 on the interstate, no contest he OWNED me. But it was still badass!!!
That must have suprised the hell outta you, a stock 996 and SS are pretty close, both run very low 13's so you were pry thinking "hell, this'll be a good run" and then you get walked and your like WTF just happened:lol:

Even a turbo without the badges is still a sleeper, it'll look like a stock C4S w/o the turbo badge, untill that 996 destroys you and then you know whats up lol.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Originally posted by Saleen Explorer
That must have suprised the hell outta you, a stock 996 and SS are pretty close, both run very low 13's so you were pry thinking "hell, this'll be a good run" and then you get walked and your like WTF just happened:lol:

Even a turbo without the badges is still a sleeper, it'll look like a stock C4S w/o the turbo badge, untill that 996 destroys you and then you know whats up lol.

No the 996 TT has brake intake vents in front of the rear wheels while the C4S doesnt.

Saleen Explorer

Established Member
No the 996 TT has brake intake vents in front of the rear wheels while the C4S doesnt.
:rolleyes: , next time I'll be exact. I thought most people would know what I meant. If you take the turbo badge off, you have a C4S look alike minus the rear vents. I'd say less then 1% of people on the road will recognize a debadged turbo as a real one.

M5forthewife

Established Member
HEY!

SALEEN EXPLORER!

*SCREAMS!*

Son of a bitch!
Lucky SOB!

lol

I really want one of my own - But can't find any - not to mention they don't make the parts anymore!

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Originally posted by Saleen Explorer
:rolleyes: , next time I'll be exact. I thought most people would know what I meant. If you take the turbo badge off, you have a C4S look alike minus the rear vents. I'd say less then 1% of people on the road will recognize a debadged turbo as a real one.

Maybe you should be exact! Because you werent with this post

:shrug:

Saleen Explorer

Established Member
Maybe you should be exact! Because you werent with this post:shrug:
Besides the rear vents theres no way to basically tell. Obviously NBMss didn't and thats what I mean, barely anyone will recognize a debadged turbo as a real one. I would as we've owned Porsche's before and were actually going for a 996TT but decided to look for a Viper instead scince the new model Porsche's will be out next year and supposedly the new turbo's will shortly follow with lot's of rumors on engines etc (I personally hope they bring forth the wide body turbo to fit the Cayenne's V8TT), and you would recognize one too, but I can bet most of the board wouldn't tell a difference unless they knew what to look for (and now they do lol;-) ).

Hope you didn't take it the wrong way or think I meant anything towards you:) . Most people don't know what to look for, the rear vents are the only way to tell though basically. I would take the badges off, it would suprises damn near anyone on the road.

M5forThewife - no, unfortunatley I don't have an XP8 Explorer, spent 2yrs looking for a good one but to no avail, most people want to much money for them and most of the ones that come up on ebay are fakes. It's my name or close to on the Explorer, Viper board so I just left it. I'll send you a vid of a very sweet Explorer near me, that is extremely powerful.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
No offense taken! Porsche makes a superior driving machine and I enjoy superior driving machines, like Benny's Yugo TT:D

Wild Bill

Established Member
I wouldnt be able to tell if they took off the turbo badges(well now I will). Be honest though,who is going to take the badges off? That would be like me wanting everyone to think my Cobra was a V6. Now I dont mind if they think its stock! lol

Users who are viewing this thread