Porsche Carerra Kill

Surubasi

Established Member
First kill in my newly purchased 03 Cobra Vert

I was sitting at a stop light and three guys in a convertible Carerra pull up and are staring like i shit in their cheerios...they pulled out when the light turned greeen and hung on my door, I gave them a little throttle to let them know I was game and they took off, I let them get one car length ahead of me when I eased into the throttle and hammered it into second ...wound out second and shut it down walking past them as I passed 5k rpm. We lined up again and same scenario, only I didn't give them any head start, just finished them off quickly with a first to second pull again

they pulled up on the second light and were congratulating me on how fast the car was and b/sing about thier buddy having a blah blah blah...it felt GREAT

Dave

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
What a Jump from a Honda..Congrats :beer:

Jay G

Established Member
Nice kill surubasi, do you know what year and specs on that car hp/weight? I always see one in my area just didn't know how good of a race it would be I'm guessing your car is stock since you just got it and all.

Insomnia

Established Member
Was it a Carerra GT, S, or regular carerra? i got to witness a o3 cobra rape a Carerra S on my way to summit racing one night it was the shit

torchred99

Established Member
Insomnia said:
Was it a Carerra GT, S, or regular carerra? i got to witness a o3 cobra rape a Carerra S on my way to summit racing one night it was the shit
Maybe a Boxer :rolling:

Surubasi

Established Member
It was just a regular carerra, the GT is like a $300k car if I remember correctly and it didn't have the S badge on it...( i see plenty of porsches, rich boy's with toys)

I'm in Vienna

The car isn't stock it's got a 2.8" pulley and a magnaflow x with MAC exhaust

Shitty thing is....i just got home from getting my ****ING CAR towed, I was out because i had to buy my brother a guitar for his birthday, I tried to register the car today but couldn't...got temp tags for the day but Maryland didn't recognize them and pulled me over, ticketed me and made me tow my car home....

before i get any Sea Lawyer bullshit, i'm not going to fight it, i'm just gong to pay it and shut up, i didn't have a case and he could have gotten me for plenty more tickets but he let me off with the cheapest ticket he could find...(invalaid registration) 80 Bux and a 200 dollar tow ride home

Dave

Nick85

Banned
Surubasi said:
First kill in my newly purchased 03 Cobra Vert

I was sitting at a stop light and three guys in a convertible Carerra pull up and are staring like i shit in their cheerios...they pulled out when the light turned greeen and hung on my door, I gave them a little throttle to let them know I was game and they took off, I let them get one car length ahead of me when I eased into the throttle and hammered it into second ...wound out second and shut it down walking past them as I passed 5k rpm. We lined up again and same scenario, only I didn't give them any head start, just finished them off quickly with a first to second pull again

they pulled up on the second light and were congratulating me on how fast the car was and b/sing about thier buddy having a blah blah blah...it felt GREAT

Dave

Great kill man. Interested in bringing that Cobra to the track?

996TTx50

Established Member
Surubasi said:
The car isn't stock it's got a 2.8" pulley and a magnaflow x with MAC exhaust
That makes more sense. Stock to stock, an 03 Cobra and a NA 996 Carrera are similar in straight line performance -- the Cobra may be a tad faster. Your description of how quick and hard you pulled the Carrera did not make sense if you were stock. With your mods, the outcome was as expected.

Nice kill!!!

996TTx50

V1uhoh

Established Member
996TTx50 said:
That makes more sense. Stock to stock, an 03 Cobra and a NA 996 Carrera are similar in straight line performance -- the Cobra may be a tad faster. Your description of how quick and hard you pulled the Carrera did not make sense if you were stock. With your mods, the outcome was as expected.

Nice kill!!!

996TTx50

The carrera also had 2 extra guys in it..340lbs (170x2) ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread