Porsche Boxter S wondered what hit him...

JSHTROD

Established Member
:thumbsup:

I was crusing up Richmond Parkway, going to Kragen and Orchard for some things.

As I'm always watching my mirrors (richmond parkway is great for having a little fun) I notice a silver Porsche way back there, slowly creeping up on me.

At this point I cannot tell if it's a carerra, boxter, or whatever...

The car slides up behind me and I can tell it's two brothas driving, and they're conversing about my car.

:pop:

After a short while, a light ahead turns yellow, and the silver porsche slides right next to me.

It's a brand new Boxter S. And both guys are grinning. The guy riding shotgun motions forward.

WE both start revving our motors, waiting for the light.

GREEN! BAM!!! :burnout: I take it easy out of the hole to keep from spinning, and he launches it pretty good. I squeeze 1st and immediately put a car on him. Shift into 2nd brings me two more cars. And a second into 3rd brings me another.

He got a whoopin!

:kaboom:

Both guys come up to me at the next light... Passenger says "WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT THING!!!????!!!!"

"Well... Let me say close to 500hp sure does help..."

He replies "I told him (the driver) that that wasn't any normal car..."

The driver replied "you got me now, but wait a week..."

We waved and went about our ways.

:pop:

:beer:

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
Those new Boxter S's aren't all that fast in a straight line, but the Mags are raving about their handling. Most people that drive them probably think they're fast cars, until they run into something that looks normal, but just isn't a "normal car."

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
stmoney11 said:
Those new Boxter S's aren't all that fast in a straight line, but the Mags are raving about their handling. Most people that drive them probably think they're fast cars, until they run into something that looks normal, but just isn't a "normal car."
Agreed i think i watched a Car and Driver one sunday morning that said theyre rated at 270-280hp.

You should've probably walked him worse than that, sounds like you were just trying to prove a point rather than driving for a low 10 second run.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I got ahold of a Boxster today too!
I'm not sure what type or year it was...
I came up on him in traffic on rt. 20, he was just cruising along at about 50.
I switched lanes to get beside him at the red-light, but as I coasted in the light turned green and I got stuck behind a dump truck... I did get to hear his turbo though(aftermarket, I assume), which made me more determined to race him.
I caught up with him a minute later and came roaring(SLP w/mid pipe... loud at 5k :) )up on him at about 5krpms but I was stuck behind him w/ traffic to my right. He steps on it and guns past the traffic.. I give it a little more gas and pace him with little effort, now in 3rd.
Traffic clears and I break right and come up along side of him while he is still stomping the gas. I ended up at about 95mph comming into a soft corner at his door with plenty of oomph left.(I never tried to blow him away, just having fun and getting beside him)
It was alot of fun, but the Boxster wasn't all too powerful.
We screwed around more than that, but that was the only time I was able to match power with him.

Last edited:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Iamchris said:
I got ahold of a Boxster today too!
I'm not sure what type or year it was...
I came up on him in traffic on rt. 20, he was just cruising along at about 50.
I switched lanes to get beside him at the red-light, but as I coasted in the light turned green and I got stuck behind a dump truck... I did get to hear his turbo though(aftermarket, I assume), which made me more determined to race him.
I caught up with him a minute later and came roaring(SLP w/mid pipe... loud at 5k :) )up on him at about 5krpms but I was stuck behind him w/ traffic to my right. He steps on it and guns past the traffic.. I give it a little more gas and pace him with little effort, now in 3rd.
Traffic clears and I break right and come up along side of him while he is still stomping the gas. I ended up at about 95mph comming into a soft corner at his door with plenty of oomph left.(I never tried to blow him away, just having fun and getting beside him)
It was alot of fun, but the Boxster wasn't all too powerful.
We screwed around more than that, but that was the only time I was able to match power with him.

the Boxster is nat aspirated.. not Turbo.. if you find one with a turbo, I don't think that a Mach1 will even begin to hang with it..

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
It did blow off, and I did pull on him.
I have no reason to lie, and nothing to prove.

There are variables... the most obvious being... I'm not stock.
Aside from that, it comes down to his build perhaps? Or perhaps it was the nut behind the wheel?
I don't care either way.

TX-SS

hahaha good kill.... wonder what he will do in a week...??? you should have gotten his #...and call him after week... heheheeh

65mph_Roll

Established Member
Boxters are a 250HP women's Porsche. The "S" isn't much better. Biff and Skip just don't know any better. 911's are much more rewarding to smoke.

Users who are viewing this thread