WildFifty

Established Member
looks good, keep up the good work.

Are your wheels on the wrong side?

vA_640.jpg

Last edited:

M1S317

Banned
Looks good so far! Way to bring an old car back to life. I've always heard those old Porsche's could be a PITA if you don't know what you're doing. Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

rockthemullet

Established Member
Nice start, and damn, those are some steamrollers out back!!

I was in awe when they fit, to be honest. Then again, I went through a bit of trouble to put 335s on the Cobra so they were fitting regardless of what I had to do.

My friend had one of these and it sounded sick!

Mine sounds OK, I'd prefer the v8 rumble though

still got any conquests? (boosted88tsi) on sqc. 944 looks good!

No conquests currently, got rid of my old '88 when I picked this 944 up. I have the option to buy it back, although I'm not sure I need another project at this point :/

looking good, the new wheels make the car

When I decided on the color change, I knew I needed wheels. All that work would've been wasted on the stock 15x6 phone dials.

Nice, good to see something different! I love when people fix up the old classics.

I was just talking about this last night, I could put historic plates on this!

looks good, keep up the good work.

Are your wheels on the wrong side?

vA_640.jpg

The wheels are not directional, so the driver side has a sweeping effect and the passenger side has a clawing effect (if that makes sense)

Looks good so far! Way to bring an old car back to life. I've always heard those old Porsche's could be a PITA if you don't know what you're doing. Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

I've had my fair share of frustrations already, but they've been extremely cheap to fix and takes very little time to resolve. If the drivetrain begins to get too unreliable, in goes an LS series engine... I already have the CAD drawings for parts required.

Thanks to everyone else! :rockon:

So I drove it home from my buddy's place on Sunday and the car was feeling extremely twitchy and unpredictable. I assumed that it was the fact that I had a much large wheel and the wheels were just amplifying some sort of issue in the front end. I get under it last night, look around, and can't find anything particularly alarming. I drove to the gas station and figured I'd check tire pressure (got the wheels used with the tires on them). 8psi in the fronts, 14psi in the rears. The tires are Pirelli PZero Assymetricos, and apparently they have the hardest sidewalls known to man because I barely noticed they were low, visually. Got them all up to 38psi and it's like a whole different car, probably 80% improved from Sunday.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread