Porche getting smokec by a TT Viper. pt. II

DEAD EYE

You must defeat Shenglong
Established Member
This is from Gary Javo off the Viper alley.

I have heard a lot about this race. There has been a lot of speculation about traction issues, weather conditions, etc. Here is the video. Judge for yourself...

http://www.servinitup.com/gallery/albums/stuff/race.wmv

I'm sure that different people will see different things, but here is my opinion...

You can clearly see and hear Darius lose traction in 3rd during the first viper vs 996 race(2nd race on the vid). This allowed the 996 to pull ahead by about a half a car. Darius lets out of the throttle, hits it again, and makes the fourth gear shift. Both cars are in it. The 996 is clearly planted, and the viper starts walking away. As soon as the GTS gets about a 1/2 car length lead, the 996 lets out. The rest of the video goes on to show the lack of spinning tires on the 996, and the consistent pull of the viper on the 996. I have read that the 996 was at a lower boost setting, but I can assure you that so was Darius at the lower speeds. Just about the time the 996 kept letting out, the GTS was reaching it's full potential(boost wise). I think it is worth noting that the 996 owner had "400lbs of audio equipment" removed from the vehicle just prior to the race.

Again, this is just my opinion after reviewing the video. I am not trying to tell you what to think. I am just calling it as I see it. Hopefully most folks can see, at the power levels the two cars came to this race at, with decent traction, the GTS pulled the 996 with no problem. Again, I don't think this says anything bad about the 996. I am blown away that a car as nice and refined as I'm sure that car is, can hang with the beast that I know the blue car is.

Again, Alex, congrats on a nice ride, and thanks Darius for putting it on the line. If you guys decide to line up again, I'm sure we would love to see the outcome. :banana:

Last edited:

96supersnake

Established Member
i had trouble viewing the vid but if the viper smoked him he's fast ,because everybody knows any turbo porsche is fast.the newest car and driver has the new 911 turbo,@11.9 quarter.473hp and502 lb ft.

PUFF ADDER

Established Member
Maybe my opinion of being smoked is a little different than other peoples.Looks like a pretty even race to me. The driver of the porche may have slept a little on the third honk but never the less sweet cars.

DEAD EYE

You must defeat Shenglong
Established Member
The reason smoked is in the title is because the original thread used it also. I wanted to make the title of the thread look familiar to those who were following it. Hence pt II.
FWIW, I think "smoked" is pushing it too. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread