Pops a Dent

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
Anybody tried one of these things?

I just saw an add on TV, and wonder. The website is www.popsadent.com

I've got two dings in my roof from damned coconuts that feel on it in Key West. (The coconuts were brought back to TN where they were suitably executed with a .454 Casull Raging Bull).

Thoughts :shrug:

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
You might have better luck at a body shop, what where you thinking when you parked under a coconut tree :shrug:

Good Luck,

Ken

:beer: :beer:

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
I had driven 20 straight hours to get to Key West...and well, I wasn't thinking so much at all. I'm just not used to Coconuts being from TN and all...though, sometimes in TN a Wild Turkey nesting in a tree can really leave a giant pile of...well, you know.

I'm afraid a body shop will want to drill it for a dent puller to be used...though I guess they can use suction or adhesive instead. I just don't want to have to have it painted.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
There are lots of places that offer paintless dent repair. If your body shop is good they will recomend a place they might use even. Its common place around here with all the Hail and door dings & just plain stupid uncaring people with store carts.

Stop by and talk to them

I go to the keys every year. I love it down there. Usually hang out in plantation key or down in Marathon key if I plan on spending time in key west. I usually go to the fantasy week deal to people watch.

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
The Keys are a different kind of place.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll check with a shop and see what I can find out.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Originally posted by Copperhead
I had driven 20 straight hours to get to Key West...and well, I wasn't thinking so much at all. I'm just not used to Coconuts being from TN and all...though, sometimes in TN a Wild Turkey nesting in a tree can really leave a giant pile of...well, you know.

I'm afraid a body shop will want to drill it for a dent puller to be used...though I guess they can use suction or adhesive instead. I just don't want to have to have it painted.

I doubt I would have thought about it either, we don't have that problem up here. Just a big DOH!!

Sorry to hear about it, and I agree you want to try to avoid the drilling method. How big are they and how sharp are the creases will determine what they can do for you. I would just shop it around and see..
again,
good luck

Ken
:beer: :beer:

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
If the dents are fairly shallow and smooth around the edges, you should be able to do paintless dent repair. However, if the edge of the dent is creased, then the paint underneath has been torn and the clearcoat stretched or torn, and the only way out of that would be to have it pulled at a body shop.

BmxBlaster

Established Member
there is a company called "Dent Wizard" which actually comes out to any of your local autobody shops and removes the dents without drilling or painting. they roll the dent out. I live in New Jersey im not sure if the company is nations wide or just in the tri-state area. you can check it out if not im sure there are other companies like this in your area.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
The paintless dent shop 2 doors down from my shop uses adhesive to get a grip on the dent. If that doesn't work, they push it out from inside. A couple of dings should be easy for a good shop.

FoMoCoDave

Established Member
Try Dent Wizard. I had a couple removed from the quater panel on my 99 Cobra by them and could not tell where the dents had been when they finished. I went to Toyota of Knoxville where they were working on some cars one day and they did the work there. Call Richard Overholser 1-800-336-8949 or 865-384-2379 to set it up. He is the Rep for east TN.

Great Work at a reasonable price.

Dave

StreetSnake

Established Member
Too bad it's on the roof cause the ole dent wizard charges ya extra cause they have to take the headliner down. BTW a local TV station did a thing on those dent removers, bottom line dont waste your money.:beer: :beer:

capnlbj

Beam Me Up Scotty!
Established Member
Got the same problem here in Ga, except instead of coconuts, it's pine cones. Coming from the desert Southwest, I was used to searching for shade to park under. Not anymore!

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
I have the problem caused by a crow attacking his reflection in my roof! The two small dents are still there. I've never bothered to have them fixed because it's a good story and they're so small.

Good Luck!

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
I recently about 40-50 dents caused by hail removed out of my hood, roof and side of my F250 via paintless dent repair method. The work was done perfectly and it is now flawless: I'm a believer. They had to remove the headliner to get to the backside of the dents but if you get someone who has been doing it for a while that is a no-brainer for them.

oldmodman

Established Member
Cocanuts, crows, pinecones? Here in Los Angeles the only thing we have falling from the skys are stray bullets! Plus it almost never rains so there is no hail problem.
But we do have mountain lions killing & eating hikers & bikers so I guess we don't have it all our way.

rust0r

Established Member
it really depends what part of the cars it is on, and what the shape of the surface is, i tried pulling a few dents out, and it didnt seem to do much at all, ended up taking it to the body shop

but its worth a try i guess before spending hundreds of dollars

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
all i have to say is that i have never seen a more appropriate execution of two evil coconuts, rite on man

i would say go to a body shop
my shop does it in school

sonic cobra

Established Member
I tried pulling dents out myself with one of those TV dent pullers. Didn't work! At least I got my money back. I agree with others here. There are many outfits specializing in paintless dent repair some will even go to you. Average fee about $75 as I remember

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
Thanks again guys. The dings are small and not creased. I may check out the wizard.

Just as a warning to the rest of you...when you park, watch out for coconuts...and hail...and crows...and bullets...oh, and mountain lions. Actually, those last two, you should beware all the time...especially if the mountain lion is doing the shooting:)

Users who are viewing this thread