Popping only when braking

Chris.94GT

Established Member
I have had this problem for about the last year to year and a half or so. Under braking there is a popping from what sounds like the driver front area of the car (also confirmed by the alignment shop today on test drive). Car has 182K mi on it, just rebuilt the whole front end with 03 control arms, steeda x2 balljoints, urethane control arm bushings, urethane steering rack bushings, urethane sway bar bushings and end links, new Motorcraft outer tie rods, and Bilstein HD struts. Also replaced the brake rotors and pads. Before this it was all stock worn out bushings, kyb agx struts and maximum motorsports caster camber plates. Caster/camber plates stayed as did the h&r super sport springs. Even with replacing damn near everything in the front end, I still am experiencing the same popping as before like nothing changed. I also checked to make sure the k-member bolts were tight and they were.

Any ideas as to what would cause this? The only two solutions I can come up with is something internally in the power steering rack, or somehow the bearing plate on the sub-2-year old maximum motorsports caster camber plates has gone bad.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Are the anti rattle clips on the pads?
ALthough the usually make some noise on bumps also I have heard them "Pop" on braking many times.

Noreast

Established Member
Are the anti rattle clips on the pads?
ALthough the usually make some noise on bumps also I have heard them "Pop" on braking many times.
+1 on the anti rattle clips. every bump i hit i heard a pop/rattle thought it was my control arms and what not so i did the same set up as u. Go down the block and STILL had the same noise. Took off the rims and notice i was missing those clips on the drivers side. Went bought new pads and noticed that on the new pads they were still missing the clips, so watch out for that. Bought extra clip put the brakes on and now shes good as new again !!

Chris.94GT

Established Member
Installed new pads and rotors, made sure to get the front hardware kit which included new pins and anti rattle clips.

MustangMatt77

Established Member
May or may not help, but I did not have any popping noise, put on new CC plates and it made popping noises. Sounded like pop corn going off in my rims.

97cobra1

Established Member
my c/cplates dont make any noise at all. Maximum motorsport c/c plates... you might wanna check on that.

Users who are viewing this thread