Popping noise coming from suspension: Coil overs or bushings?

forestgreen95gt

Established Member
I have coil overs and delrin bushings on my rear IRS. The coil overs are from griggs and the threaded sleeves and inside of the springs look like they interfere quit a bit. Also, the rear delrin bushing on the lower a-frames are gouged out from friction with something I've not determined yet.

I do have a popping sound at times coming from the rear. Everything is new except from the strange spherical bushings on the spindles, inner tie rod end, and sway bar end links. My question is could it be the coil over interference or the bushings hanging up on something? The spring seems to made it's own clearance with respect to the sleeve as rust has formed on a small portion of the spring. So I don't think much more wear is happening there. Plus, when the car get put in the air and the suspension runs through some travel you can really hear it pop then. I do use anti-seize to lubricate all bushings.

Any help would be appreciated 'cause my car sound like a piece of garbage when it actually isn't...really.

Users who are viewing this thread