Popping fuse f47....

bossnova3

Established Member
Hey guys been trying to trouble shoot my car for a while, like the title states it's blowing fuse #47 on the engine bay fuse panel. Nothing's been changed on the car, it all the sudden started doing this at WOT. I've searched and googled, but nothing comes up, any ideas would be appreciated. Only thing that was done to the car before it started doing this, was a change of spark plugs, other than this nothing never had a problem before.

Thanks in advance
Ed :beer:

Nsssane1

Established Member
Might try key on, engine off push throttle to floor, see if it pops. Might be a throttle body electronics, wires, dirty or something to do with that.

bossnova3

Established Member
Yeah thanks, tried that and nothing it only does it at wot while on and running not even free revving....

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
That is weird, i know its a stupid option, but how about trying to see if a ford scanner can pick it up at the dealer? also , what does it do after the fuse pops?

bossnova3

Established Member
Nothing on the scanner I have the aeroforce gauge and the SCT x3 no codes. After if pops it goes into fail safe because that fuse is part of the maf sensor

bossnova3

Established Member
Does anyone have a wiring schematic for the 07 to 09 gt500 haven't found one online.

bossnova3

Established Member
Per Ford Wiring Diagrams manual for 2007 Mustang, F47, 15 amp fuse in the Bussed Electrical Center (fuse box under the hood) is for A/C clutch relay, EVAP canister vent control solenoid, EGR system module, Heated oxygen sensors (HO2S), Variable valve timing solenoid, Inlet Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) module, Automatic transmission, EVAP canister purge valve, Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor, Brake pedal position switch, Heated Position Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve.

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
The MAF sensor (and the air intake) probably got moved/removed during the plug change. I would look for a bare portion of wire or other disturbance in the area. Under WOT the engine is torqued over. Maybe stress on a wire. The PCV valve (sort of near plug #1) may also have been disturbed. I'm not sure where the EGR system module is, but same possibilities.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread