Poorboy's vs. Clearkote...which is better?? Post Pics??

Which do you prefer??

• Poorboy's

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Clearkote

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott P

Established Member
You do want to be careful when dealing with pollen. That stuff can scratch. I generally use Spray and Wipe as it is a waterless wash to get it off. It's safer than a quick detail spray. I do use a QD spray after the Spray and Wipe to put the sparkle back. :)

RMG applies best with a finishing pad like the blue or black one. For waxes, I still apply them by hand. It's a Zen thing for me. As far as cleaning the pads, a bucket of warm soapy water gets them pretty clean. Rinse them out well and let them dry. I have put my Lake Country pads in the washer and that works too, but it's a "do so at your own risk" type of thing. Definitely, do NOT put the blue pad in the washer. The foam is really soft and will tear. I learned that one the hard way.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Scott P said:
You do want to be careful when dealing with pollen. That stuff can scratch. I generally use Spray and Wipe as it is a waterless wash to get it off. It's safer than a quick detail spray. I do use a QD spray after the Spray and Wipe to put the sparkle back. :)

RMG applies best with a finishing pad like the blue or black one. For waxes, I still apply them by hand. It's a Zen thing for me. As far as cleaning the pads, a bucket of warm soapy water gets them pretty clean. Rinse them out well and let them dry. I have put my Lake Country pads in the washer and that works too, but it's a "do so at your own risk" type of thing. Definitely, do NOT put the blue pad in the washer. The foam is really soft and will tear. I learned that one the hard way.
Scott - What is this "spray and wipe" you speak of?

Scott P

Established Member
From my site at: http://www.specialtymotoring.com/poorboysworld.htm

Spray and Wipe

This is a fantastic waterless car wash. It is Poorboy’s best selling product to the point where people are buying five gallon pails of the stuff! You can use it to give a quick 15 minute wash to your dirty car. If you have heavy dust or road spray, you can wash the car with this stuff without having to drag out a bucket or hose. For those of your familiar with quick detail sprays, it functions very similar. You spray on and wipe clean. It does not contain any wax or abrasives. I always carry a pint of this stuff in the car with me, along with some Microfiber towels for the spot clean-up duties.

It also is a great clay lube. I use it quite a bit.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Scott P said:
From my site at: http://www.specialtymotoring.com/poorboysworld.htm

Spray and Wipe

This is a fantastic waterless car wash. It is Poorboy’s best selling product to the point where people are buying five gallon pails of the stuff! You can use it to give a quick 15 minute wash to your dirty car. If you have heavy dust or road spray, you can wash the car with this stuff without having to drag out a bucket or hose. For those of your familiar with quick detail sprays, it functions very similar. You spray on and wipe clean. It does not contain any wax or abrasives. I always carry a pint of this stuff in the car with me, along with some Microfiber towels for the spot clean-up duties.

It also is a great clay lube. I use it quite a bit.
Thanks Scott. What makes this a little different than QD? Meaning what does it do differently than QD products?

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Spray & wipe is a great product but, it can get expensive compared to other methods. I normally use Optimum or Detailers Pride waterless wash. I dilute 2.5 ounces to a 32 ounce bottle & get a very good product to help clean the car. I do however use a soaked plush mf towel to clean & then go over the area with dry mf towel + Adams QD or #425. This method is much safer for me than using a dry towel to drag & collect dirt, which causes light marring. :)

Scott P

Established Member
Todd03Blown said:
Thanks Scott. What makes this a little different than QD? Meaning what does it do differently than QD products?

S&W is designed to clean the surface. It contains surfactants, emulsifiers and other ingredients to lift dirt and dust away from the paint. By using a plush microfiber towel, you can take the dust, pollen and light dirt without marring. It's nice to carry int eh car to spot treat bugs and the occasional mud puddle splash. I always follow up with a quick detail spray.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Scott P said:
S&W is designed to clean the surface. It contains surfactants, emulsifiers and other ingredients to lift dirt and dust away from the paint. By using a plush microfiber towel, you can take the dust, pollen and light dirt without marring. It's nice to carry int eh car to spot treat bugs and the occasional mud puddle splash. I always follow up with a quick detail spray.
Thank you Scott :rockon:

Homebrew

Established Member
stang03 said:
Well since i already have Natty's Blue on there...if I put the RMG on there won't it remove the Natty's??

Actually I believe glazes don't bond well to LSP's, they're meant to be applied before your LSP, in this case Natty's Blue.

-Kevin

Matt94GT

Established Member
Scott P said:

Cool thanks, well now that I got the PC I dont think im gonna apply by hand heh. So what do you reccomend then Ill use the black finishing for the RMG then clean it and use it for the Carnuba again?

Also the soft pad really squishes out good when using the PC, what speed should I use for finishing pad, also how much pressure? just let the PC's own weight handle it? What about pressure for the Cutting and Polishing pads?

Thanks in advance. Detailing is sure addictive.

Evenflow

Established Member
Matt94GT said:
Cool thanks, well now that I got the PC I dont think im gonna apply by hand heh. So what do you reccomend then Ill use the black finishing for the RMG then clean it and use it for the Carnuba again?

Also the soft pad really squishes out good when using the PC, what speed should I use for finishing pad, also how much pressure? just let the PC's own weight handle it? What about pressure for the Cutting and Polishing pads?

Thanks in advance. Detailing is sure addictive.

Thats exactly what I do. I use the black finishing pad for the RMG, wash it to get all the RMG out, then use it to apply EX, then wash it again to get all the EX out, then use it to apply the CMW. Perfectly fine to use it with multiple products, as long as you got all of the previous product out of the pad.

I use speed 3-3.5 for the finishing pad, and dont apply nearly as much pressure as I would when polishing. You WANT to apply pressure to generate heat between the paint and the pad to get rid of the swirl marks (cutting/polishing pad). Some say to apply 20lbs of pressure to the pc, while others say apply enough to bog the machine down a bit.

Matt94GT

Established Member
Evenflow said:
Thats exactly what I do. I use the black finishing pad for the RMG, wash it to get all the RMG out, then use it to apply EX, then wash it again to get all the EX out, then use it to apply the CMW. Perfectly fine to use it with multiple products, as long as you got all of the previous product out of the pad.

I use speed 3-3.5 for the finishing pad, and dont apply nearly as much pressure as I would when polishing. You WANT to apply pressure to generate heat between the paint and the pad to get rid of the swirl marks (cutting/polishing pad). Some say to apply 20lbs of pressure to the pc, while others say apply enough to bog the machine down a bit.

Whats EX?

Cool thanks well when I was using the vanilla moose hand glaze to get rid of swirls I just applyed a bit of pressure id only say like 5lbs lol. Well I know for next time! Thanks.

So even with the finishing pad I still should apply some pressure...like 5lbs or no?

Thanks!

Evenflow

Established Member
Matt94GT said:
Whats EX?

Cool thanks well when I was using the vanilla moose hand glaze to get rid of swirls I just applyed a bit of pressure id only say like 5lbs lol. Well I know for next time! Thanks.

So even with the finishing pad I still should apply some pressure...like 5lbs or no?

Thanks!

Most glazes do not contain abrasives. This simply means that there is nothing to be broken down, unlike polishing. It's pretty much just fillers and maybe some oils or cleaners in the product. Your going to want to just spread the glaze on to a thin even coat, until the product almost dissapears then buff it off.

So to answer your question, you dont need to apply any pressure when applying the glaze. Do apply a little amount so the pc will be under control however.

Users who are viewing this thread