Poor Mustang

Bri03GT

I Cant Stop Modding
Established Member
I made a thread about this a month ago and i think its a thing a might do in the future for the coupe.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
^ Really unless u have the engine already why not a ford 6 dohc, they already can make 1k power. Now idk how much to ship a ford 6 dohc here but from what I've seen they aren't too shabby. And a falcon can't be too different than a stang, the falcon has a v8 5.4 n/a in them also. I'd just say better to have same brand, cheaper I would think but I don't know if ecu is plug in, the supra engine for sure is not. Already know a dohc cam ford 6 ecu is reflashable. Look at nizpro or others.

Bottom line a v8 w turbo is more powerful than a 6 cause of c.i. same amount of mods. No reason to put in a smaller inline 6 than a bigger same brand as car v8. Theres a stang 5.4 w t/t very street friendly, making over 1k at 23# boost that ran in 8's on d.r. tires. No magic imo a 2jz has when all out. I don't care what f&f movie said.

And 2jz has nothing over a state of the art 5.0 pushrod mtr either imo. Block, heads are better/stronger w a 5.0 ultimate setup. A 5.0 has lots of options. Maybe looks, a 5.0 isn't so great, who cares. I know I'd rather have a dart block, forged crank, h rods, good cnc heads at 360 c.i. w t/t than a 2jz at same boost. By the time you sort out all the bs a 5.0 like that be money ahead and faster # for # but not as cool looking to import guys.

STG

Banned
didn't they do that in tokyo drift

The RB26DETT motor found in the Nissan Skyline GTR, which powered the Mustang and Nissan Silvia S15 in the film, has been subject to much criticism by automotive enthusiasts. The criticism grew when it was revealed that the car itself barely had any screen time, and regular stunt Mustangs used for the drifting scenes were powered by 351cid Windsor V8 engines.[12] Hot Rod Magazine lamented the possibility that tuners might swap in Japanese motors into American cars.[12] According to SCC, one Mustang received the RB26 swap, while five other Mustangs were created for drifting purposes of which two were destroyed in the process.[13] In addition, the RB26 Mustang was shown to be faster than its V8 powered kin, with times of 0-60 in 5.38 seconds, and the quarter mile in 13.36 seconds at 109.83 MPH.[14]

convert03cobra

Established Member
I was stationed in Japan for 3 1/2 years and saw some very respectible imports to include Supras. I guess my opinion on imports has changed just a tad. Don't get me wrong, when I came back to the US, I was disappointed all over again with all the rice around. But the 2jz is a good motor with a lot of potential. I would rock that mustang.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member

TripleBlackVert

Meh whatever!
Established Member
^ Really unless u have the engine already why not a ford 6 dohc, they already can make 1k power. Now idk how much to ship a ford 6 dohc here but from what I've seen they aren't too shabby. And a falcon can't be too different than a stang, the falcon has a v8 5.4 n/a in them also. I'd just say better to have same brand, cheaper I would think but I don't know if ecu is plug in, the supra engine for sure is not. Already know a dohc cam ford 6 ecu is reflashable. Look at nizpro or others.

Bottom line a v8 w turbo is more powerful than a 6 cause of c.i. same amount of mods. No reason to put in a smaller inline 6 than a bigger same brand as car v8. Theres a stang 5.4 w t/t very street friendly, making over 1k at 23# boost that ran in 8's on d.r. tires. No magic imo a 2jz has when all out. I don't care what f&f movie said.

And 2jz has nothing over a state of the art 5.0 pushrod mtr either imo. Block, heads are better/stronger w a 5.0 ultimate setup. A 5.0 has lots of options. Maybe looks, a 5.0 isn't so great, who cares. I know I'd rather have a dart block, forged crank, h rods, good cnc heads at 360 c.i. w t/t than a 2jz at same boost. By the time you sort out all the bs a 5.0 like that be money ahead and faster # for # but not as cool looking to import guys.

That's why i said stock for stock the 5.0 is at a disadvantage. Obviously the aftermaket support for the trusty 5.0 is rediculous.
Stock heads on a 5.0 even worked up would probably never push you past 300 RWHP mark. The stock Block is only good for probaby 550 Crank HP. Unless you dont run it hard at all might be able to hold for a few weeks.
On the other hand the 2JZ is capable of holding over 1K RWHP, obviously stuffed with tons of boost.
I would never put any Jap motor in any of my cars but in this case the 2JZ engine is superior.
Now a Dart or Man o war block thats a whole different story as they are very strong blocks and can hold some serious power.:rockon:

quik67mustang

wat
Established Member
thats bad ****ing ass. this is the 3rd or 4th one ive seen, that one dosent look as nice as the guy that did it into a pre99 cobra, but still, 500rwhp in a fox is badass

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Hate it. Hate crossbreeds in any car, but especially mustangs. IMO, it would have taken less work/labor, and possibly less money to make a ford powertrain go as fast as the one posted(supra parts are not cheap). And before all the "it coulds", I know what it could, but I saw what it did. Not impressed.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Hate it. Hate crossbreeds in any car, but especially mustangs. IMO, it would have taken less work/labor, and possibly less money to make a ford powertrain go as fast as the one posted(supra parts are not cheap). And before all the "it coulds", I know what it could, but I saw what it did. Not impressed.

+1 Exactly..

2jz's (FOR THE MOST PART) are superior motors to most SBF's..

HOWEVER there is enough aftermarket out there to make ford parts go fast [probably for cheaper].. sad part is the majority of setups are just too mild to make good numbers. Cars like Novi357's and multiple others on this site are a testament to Ford pushrod power.

Too each his own though. Ill just stick with my stock block/crank/rod car and won't have to worry about this particular bastard fox :D

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
**** a 2Jz

thats like two boys kissing.....it just ain't right!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread