poor little 350-Z

konakimo

Established Member
Its late about 9pm and I am heading home on a busy 4-lane road and I see this blue 350z and pull up next to him, hit the pedal a couple of times, the guy looks over and takes off so I hit it also, Im in 2nd at 2k and just slowly put 1.5 cars on him and then we catch traffic and he jumps into the next lane over (Im stuck in traffic) and rices me, traffic clears up a bit and I catch up to him, down shift to 1st at 4k and blip the pedal, he hits it and I slam the hammer down, 3 seconds later its over, I dont know if it was the exhaust noise, tire shreding noise, or me just launching past so quickly, but after I slowed down and he caught up to me the look on face was :eek: priceless. (I know it was just a 350z but if he was smart enough to earn the $$ to buy it, you would think he would know what my car is) ps. the 350z is a very nice car also.

SoCalSnake

Established Member
Good kill...I like stompin' 350z owners who think they bought a fast sports car! Would love to run a 350 with the Stillen supercharger on it...that'd be a good race.

Pyro

Established Member
When those first came out there was a show on TV where the host and hostess drove around in one. She said "it was nice knowing that you were the fastest car on the freeway". Ya right!!! I think this is what most 350Z owners think. I think they look nice but it's all show and no go.

1BADZ06

Established Member
ya I cant stand the ones around here, I was at a light the is coming toward me turning and he gets it side ways and nails it...he had exhaust, but I was thinking OMG I should go catch him and show him what a real car will do.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I remember when I went to look at 350Z's, they had a HUGE banner of a 350Z in the dealership that read "So many roads, so many Porsches to pass".

It's all in the marketing and people actually believe it.

1BADZ06

Established Member
My dad and brother went to look at one, and the guy told them there was nothing out there as fast as the 350Z. He told them a vette or cobra can beat a 350z easy, the guy said ya but there chevys and fords who cares...thats when they left. If a salesmen talk bad about other companies then I dont buy from them.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Originally posted by 1BADZ06
My dad and brother went to look at one, and the guy told them there was nothing out there as fast as the 350Z. He told them a vette or cobra can beat a 350z easy, the guy said ya but there chevys and fords who cares...thats when they left. If a salesmen talk bad about other companies then I dont buy from them.

that's when you reply "You sir, are an asshole. and just lost some biz"

Orange Poison

Established Member
My CIO of my company was asking my about my car and I told him all the stuff like it being blown, mid 12 sec 1/4 miler, sub 5 sec 0-60..etc.,etc......he still couldn't believe me that my car is faster than a new Z.....why the nerve of him. And, and....he tells me he reads all the automotive mags.....

Some people...:rollseyes :bored:

F23A4

Established Member
Thinking aloud; S/C 4.6L V8 versus N/A 3.5L V6. Be nice if Nissan dropped their N/A 4.5L V8 (a la Q45, M45) into the Z ----> 340hp 450Z! :p Now, put a blower on that monster!!:-D

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Originally posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Yes, massacred a G35 Coupe (same car really). It was buslengths.
They are sweet cars though. Pretty. My wife should drive one.

race for pinks, next time :rolling: :thumbsup:

KillrCobra

Established Member
Yeah, I've already beat one in my n/a cobra. Can't imagine the ass raping an 03 would put on one.

All these stories about moronic salesmen reminds me of this time I was meeting a buddy of mine at the local Honda dealer (he worked there, so don't think I was shopping around)......
Basically, I pull up in my previous 01 cobra and this hotshot salesman immediatly approaches me and says, "what if I told you I can sell you something that will smoke that mustang". Told him "Not at this dealership". Then he tells me that my car wouldn't stand a chance against the S2000, and that Honda tested it against the new Corvette and the vette didn't stand a chance. That's when I just started laughing and asked if we were talking about a Chevy corvette with the ls1 and not some bicycle. He says, "NO, not the ls1...just the regular vette." At this point I just got in my car and left.

Oh yeah, good kill!:beer:

Wildcard

Established Member
good kill. That car looks bad ass, but needs nitrous, a blower, or a turbo, and some mufflers because it sounds horrible at top speed.

Wildpony_2

Oh Really......
Established Member
Nice kill.

Reminds me of a story of a friend of mine who was looking at getting a GT and trading his Z-28 in.

He pulled up in his car freshly washed and waxed, we get out to take a look at the GT's(sweet black on black one parked out front). Salesman was sitting on a bench, looked at my friend, looked at his car then looked back at him and said, "That mommy and Dadies car?"

I was like oh hell no. Scott went straight to the Manager and bitched him out about his salesman and how he lost a sale today because of this pricks attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread