Poor cobra never saw it comming...

elyrain

Established Member
So I'm not one to street race, but....

I was taking my chick to work this morning when a 96-98 cobra pulls up to us. Bone stock from what I could tell, on an empty road. The light turns green and I'm taking off the same as any other light when this guy guns it. By the time I know I'm in a race, he's 3 cars ahead, I switch to second and spin badly, but still manage to pull some ground back, hit third and caught up to him, by the time I red lined 4th, about 120 or so, I was about 3 cars ahead of him, and he let off finally. Like any gracious mustang driver should do to another he pulls to the next light and nods to me, I give him the thumbs up and he makes a right.

This kill made me wonder what would have happened if I still ran d/r's though. I'm thinking about getting another set but mounting them on a separate set of rims. My last bfg dr's only got about 9k miles out of them, with only about 10 track passes on them. I guess it's time for new half shafts also....

svTx01

Established Member
congrats on the kill. I raced a 98 cobra convert not to long ago. He was near stock and I got him by 2-3 cars from a dig.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Good kill. Sucks for the 96-98 Cobra to get chased down and passed like that, but from looking at your sig he shouldnt feel too badly about it.

I almost had a race yesterday, going down Santa Fe blvd yesterday morning which is the main street in the town. I come up on a red Camaro SS. That ****er was loud too, must've been a flowmaster or maybe straight pipes with dual tips on each side.
I passed him on the right, then we caught traffic at a light, one car in front of me, none in front of him. He revs the hell outta his car light goes green and he nails it, I merge out of the right lane from behind the other car and give chase. I was amazed, no wheel hop, tires just broke loose and spun alittle! I shift to 2nd-3rd then let off and catch up to him at the next red light.
He's now in the right lane and as I pull up to the stop, he flips on his right turn signal. I point straight ahead, nod and say 'nice car' he replies 'you too man' That was it, no race, nothing.
I dont like street racing but I will say Ive had about 3 races in the 4 years Ive owned my car. 2 of which were against my brother in his '00 GT and the third was him in his '03 Cobra putting a payback blitch slapping on my '99.

Best drag races Ive had have been on the road course... go figure.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
good kill man! i agree that street racing is just asking for trouble so i avoid it as well, especially since the cops here have really been beefing up their squad to try to have one cop per 500 citizens in a city of 250000 people.... thats a lot of cops, and i dont need to go to jail LOL

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
Nice victory. Gotta be careful though on the streets. Racing on street and track are very different though. Remember that if you get some DR's. YOu might do shitty on the streey but kill at the track ya know.

Users who are viewing this thread