Ponzi schemes (likely) or legit (unlikely)?

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The scammers must be changing up their approaches as in the last 2 weeks I've had two separate strangers reach out to me on Facebook hawking their investment groups - Crest Margins and energyventure.net.

They found me as I'll occasionally post in a FIRE group. The guy from Crest Margins appears to have a legitimate Facebook profile but the woman from energyventure has a fairly suspicious profile.

Anyway, they promise a nice ROI on the investments as they invest in growing sectors like tech and renewable energy.

I'm quite confident these are scams but just wanted to see if anyone else gets these same messages and if anyone actually has proof they are legitimate.

And no, I haven't invested any money with them and never would short of concrete proof they are not Ponzi schemes.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I haven't been contacted but I always wonder why some entity would want your money if they are already doing so well.
well i'm sure they are driven by greed. Every bank wants more money held in their institution.

The promised ROI's seem too good to be true, therefore, they likely are.

VegasMichael

Established Member
well i'm sure they are driven by greed. Every bank wants more money held in their institution.

The promised ROI's seem too good to be true, therefore, they likely are.
I'm guessing they are driven by deceit.
Do they tell you what they are investing in?

Users who are viewing this thread