Pondering sending my 500 to Las Vegas. Yes or No?

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
Ok so im just wondering if any of the forum members have actually sent their 500 to Shelby in Las Vegas to be converted into a Super Snake? I called and got basic info on the price and process and just wanted to research this a bit further.

If anyone has done this, how was the quality of the work done? Did your car run right after you got it back? Was the work done on time that sort of thing. I have spoken to one guy who did actually send his 500 to be converted to a super snake and he was very happy with the whole process. Just wanted to get more feedback from people who HAVE actually upgraded.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
If you want to go fast, that's the wrong way to do it. If you want to be able to say "I have a super snake" then go for it, but I have seen the prices for the conversions, no thanks.

wicked96gt

Established Member
I have never done it. But if I had a gt500 and the money to do it I would with out a doubt. I have heard of people doing it and having no problems and being very happy with the end result though.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Yep, if I had a GT500, I'd have it shipped out there then go tour their operations while they finished it up. Then I'd do Número uno on my bucket list and drive it home on Route 66.

cobra-boss

Established Member
I know Robert M from this forum has set his car in for the SS conversion. May want to pm or do a search for some of his posts.

Jim

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
Its not just for the power. If i was going for power i would buy a KB or TVS and call it a day.

I wouldnt mind having some of the other upgrades as well.

Users who are viewing this thread