Poly bushing upper ever crack for anyone?

brian@p+

Established Member
I am running about 1150rwhp and was thinking of going to bmr poly upper. Has anyone cracked or damaged or had problems with their poly arm?

BMR Tech 2

Poly doesn't belong on a car making quadruple digits. You already broke one UCA with the car, why do you want to try and break another?

brian@p+

Established Member
I know, but Kelly your co worker had an article on stang TV saying 8 sec, cars use them, and Van from Revan said he has seen them work as well.
I would love to get rid of the crazy clunking, rattling noise from the back. And would like to know if someone has actually destroyed a poly bushing, or if it is just a case of overbuilding going with the solid mount.
I am on the fence, I will be ordering a BMR arm on Monday :) just not sure which one.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with Dylan. I have poly front and rear bushings on my BMR UCA and have no issues with them in high performance street/mild strip applications.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I would not run poly bushings on that car. I had a little over 500whp with BMR upper control arm and mount, and lower BMR poly control arms.

At a barely prepped track event, i blew out the front left low poly bushing at the top end of the track... scary shit man. At an actual track, i blew out the upper poly bushing on launch. It was enough blow out of the bushing that my new 1 piece driveshaft from DSS made contact with my body floor. Luckily, it was light contact and didnt destroy my driveshaft. Had i had my BMR rear brace and driveshaft loop actually installed, my driveshaft would have been junk for sure.

BMR was great and sent my some poly rubber hybrid bushings for the lowers. So far those are the cats meow, and only needs periodic lubing with some 3m silicone paste.

The upper bushing though... thats still a poly only bushing. As such, ive not installed it back in my car even with the replacement poly bushings and have been running the OEM upper mount and arm. To my knowlege, there is no rubber poly hybrid under development for the upper which is a shame. For now, the mount and arm is sitting in my toolbox.

Ill more than likely be switching to an adjustable upper spherical unit from Hotchkiss due to it being half the price of the BMR. Moneys kinda tight right now haha. I CANNOT risk blowing out a poly bushing and trashing my driveshaft.

If youre reading this BMR, make that upper rubber/poly hybrid bushing for your upper arm. id like to have my upper arm and mount usable again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread