Poll: will UPR come through?

Will UPR fix their mistake?

• Yes

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • They will blame me and try to give a discount on a new one.

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94venomV8

Established Member
So as most of you know I've been doing my car with a new motor well let's just say everything for the past year. So I ordered a k-member kit November of last year to fit my new turbo. Well I installed it and recently I go to put my motor in and my turbo pipes aren't lining up. So I take the headers off and go to put the long block in and the oil pan is hitting the rack....hmmmm so I call upr and come to find out they sent me the wrong k-member kit, they sent me a 94-95 kit for a 302! I am beyond pissd, it seems that if I don't have bad luck I have none at all and I am ready to be done with cars for awhile. I'm honestly thinking of parting my car out right now. I've had nothing but problems from the companies I buy "big" parts from. Ive had problems with the engine builder, heads, transmission, painting, turbo kit and now suspension! I now alot of people have problems but seriously I just don't need the stress in my life anymore and need a break I think. If I had the money the car would of went to a shop to be built but I used to enjoy working on the car. Anyways long story short who thinks UPR will help me out and fix their mistake?

CJK440

Established Member
I would hope so.

But I have been where you are where it seems like hurdle after hurdle is thrown in your path. In the end the only way to get past it is to work thru it. There is alway a light at the end. Remember, if this stuff was easy, everybody would have a nice car.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Not to blame you for this but I always, always, always check packing slips before I install anything.

I don't see how they could put this on you if you have the original order receipt and it shows a 96-04 k-member was ordered.

94venomV8

Established Member
I here what u guys are saying. And good news is they called me back and will be fixing it as they seen I ordered everything for a 98 cobra. Also Tabres I do check the slips but there is no way to tell the difference until this happened. They said they both look identical except for the motor mount part which I didn't realize was wrong because I don't know what their product is supposed to look like. Apparently the only difference in the two though is the location of the holes the mounts go into.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
at least they are replacing it for you Jace...bummer tho, i hate when my car breaks my balls like that..work through it i want to see this thing done!

94venomV8

Established Member
Thanks Christian I'm gonna finish it but I'm just taking a break now. I got too much with school and kids and just overwhelmed. I'm wishing right now I would of just put a big pro charger on the car and been done. But whatever. I know when it's done it will be worth it but right now it seems that theremis no end in site. It's a money pit and just when I thinkim done I drop another grand

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I know when it's done it will be worth it but right now it seems that theremis no end in site. It's a money pit and just when I thinkim done I drop another grand

I can relate. I'm at the exact same point right now. The numbers add up way, way too fast. If I could have done over I probably would have just put in a high compression, 03/04 headed n/a engine with an absolutely killer suspension and been done with it. And come out money ahead (for me its not about the money spent though).

As it is though it's too late to turn back now and the only thing standing in my way is a fuel system, rear-end rebuild and a tune - maybe by end of June or July I'll be done. The rest can wait until next year.

94venomV8

Established Member
Tabres if we could combine our cars we would have a finished product! It seems everything u need is what i have done lol. But at least my motor is done and ready to be put in I just am waiting on the k member now. Once I get that it will take me a day to get the motor and k member in the car and then the long process of hooking everything up and getting it on the road. I'm assuming my car will be complete by July if I don't have anymore huge snags that cost a ton of money. I can deal with bolts and gaskets and little bs but it's the huge things like the motor not starting or running right that will kill me

goat-ee

Established Member
I hear ya, I almost always have a winter project and love it. Well this year I did the automatic swap on the turbo car and right in the middle of that I decided to buy the 2nd Cobra and of course I HAD to make all the little faults perfect, which takes a lot of time. Well I was pretty well done and had nothing but installing the oil cooler and a few "minor" things to do on the auto car and bam the throw-out bearing on the other car is toast. So 2 full days later of living under the car, neglecting the family...i'm driving the turbo car as a driver until I get time to pull the trans out of the other car. I also am ready to just drive like I do EVERY other spring and summer.

Such is the life we choose with this hobby I guess!!! Sometimes stuff just doesn't work out like we think it should. Hang in there it will be worth it when your done!!!

And to at least give you a glimmer of hope. The auto installation is so worth it!! I don't make anywhere near what you'll be making powerwise, but this thing kicks butt. C-4 auto on entrance ramp, 2nd gear at like 30mph, drill it, turbo spools and full-on BOILS the hell out the tires and pulls like a freight train. I really think my 11.7 1/4 mile with the manual trans is about to drop significantly!!! Assuming I get the TOB replaced while on vacation this week on the other car...DRAG STRIP WEDNESDAY OR FRIDAY!!!!

Last edited:

My94GT

Established Member
its all the stres thats involved in a big build like this. thats why i personally chose to order eveything for my car through a shop i trust. it seems every time ive done it any other way ive been in the same position and it really kills the joy of building a car. keep your head up, when its done it will be worth it.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Just went through the same thing with them to the tee. Ordered it for a buddy last Sept for his 410 stroker Fox and didn't put it in till 2 weeks ago due to an injury to his hand that prevented him from shifting. Tried to get the mounts lined up and Bam...it hit me that this was a 4.6 kit with the mounts slung back. I had to pay for a new unit and they shipped it right out to us. Put the old one in the box and fired it back for a credit. Havent seen the credit as of yet but assume they did it.

94venomV8

Established Member
Huh they didn't even make me pay for anything they just sent it out without question. They even sent a return shipping slip in the box. Overall I've been very happy with upr through the years, they are one of the companies that take care of you every time. I realize everyone makes mistakes but rarely do companies own up to it.

Users who are viewing this thread