Poll: Which exhaust setup?

tom281

Established Member
Have all factory exhaust now on an 03 Cobra. Want to get a tough, aggressive sound without it being TOO LOUD. I don't mind volume but I don't want it attracting the wrong attention. Also I don't want to break the bank. I've also torn between running cats or no cats, so here are two options that I've been debating.

A) Keeping factory catted midpipe and getting a Borla catback. Question: has anyone ever had problems with the factory cats failing in an increased boost application? Example running a 2.76 pulley with bolt ons.

B) Installing a Mac offroad H that I already have from a previous car and getting a Magnaflow catback.

Opinions, thoughts, comments....... all are welcome.

mystical

Established Member
B) Installing a Mac offroad H that I already have from a previous car and getting a Mac catback:rockon:

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
Get the Mac cat back and then you can try both midpipes.

Your cat's should be fine with that setup.

cobracide

Established Member
The quiet Borla 14858 will sound better than any MAC or Magnaflow. The quality of Borla is high as is Magnaflow. MAC would be average at best - A)

The factory cats are fine, using an aftermarket H with cats (hint - MRT H) with the bora will gain you ~7hp over factory.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Go with the Magnflow from the choices you posted. The Magnaflow CB is a good sounding exhaust just not the best sounding one. They will produce atleast as much, and probably more HP than any other CB out there.(even though other straight throw mufflers will be in same league) The Magnaflow CB is second to none interms of value, build quality, and quality of materials use. You can't beat it for the price.

I do agree with the others about the MAC CB being about the best sounding one thats currently sold for these cars.

tom281

Established Member
Sorry about the lack of a voting poll guys, I'm having problems posting on this site today for some reason.

Thanks for the feed back so far.... :beer:

antiv6

Established Member
id go with the borla catback, after switching to it from my slp setup ill never own another mustang without a borla catback

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
My car had a maggie C/B with stock midpipe on it when i bought it. Sounded alright when you got on it but it was still quiet IMO. Switched the maggie out for the Borla Stingers w/ stock midpipe and sounded good...really deep. Wanted a little more and put a bassani catted x on and love it. I bought the stingers used + add the bassani x to it and I "only" have $1,000 in my exhaust (roughly). lol You can pic the maggie c/b up pretty cheap online and pair that with the MAC O/R h-pipe and you'll have a good sound for less money. Just my $.02

Last edited:

tom281

Established Member
I'm contemplating using my Mac o/r H with the Borla catback but I'm afraid it will be too loud LOL.... talking about the stinger series.

945LSTANG

Established Member
if you don't want to break the bank i don't know why you are even looking at borla. shits expensive as hell.

i would go route B.

Chris01Bullitt

Established Member
I have steeda catback(quiet borla) w/ kooks midpipe with high flow cats it has a nice aggressive sound and does not attract a lot of attention at all, unless I get on it.

svt2ner

Established Member
mac 2.5 catback $400 ($100 more for stainless)... upr catted x-pipe $300......cant beat it, Price and sound. No fitment issues either.

i8urSS

Established Member
i've got the maggie c/b with stock midpipe. it sounds decent but only when i'm gettin on it. i just got the prochamber with the mac catback and i love it.

Users who are viewing this thread