Poll: How often do you wash your Mustang?

How often do you wash your Mustang?

• Daily, one finger print and it needs a bath!

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • Weekly

Votes: 121 68.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 23 13.0%
  • Once a season

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Only when the neighbors write "Wash Me" on the hood

Votes: 6 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jpk

Established Member
How often do you guys wash your Mustang? Seems that most folks here are detailing (wax or polish&wax) somewhere between once a month and once every six months. But do you wash all the time inbetween, or do your rides stay decent enough that you really only wash when you detail?

The reason I ask is because three days after I detail my Cobra, it already looks dirty again. It was neat for about five minutes watching rain bead on the hood while driving, but that novelty wore off quick. Since it got rained on the shiny finish now looks dull and dusty when the rain dried on it. Do I detail all over again, wash every time it gets this way (which seems to be daily), or just grin and bear it and wait to the next detail season? I'm concerned that too much washing is just going to cause premature spiderwebbing, forcing me to polish sooner than necessary.

1BadKB03

Established Member
mine use to stay in the garage, so i would only really need to wash it every now and then. but now that the damn garage is filled up with junk(in desperate need of a good bath its self) i wash it every week and wax every 3 months or so.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Once a week if it is your daily driver. If you don't use it everyday & its stored in a garage, then every two weeks is good. For the in-between days just blow it off with a leaf blower when you get home from work. Then dust off the fine stuff off that is below. Just make sure to use a genuine "Califorina Duster". Trust me it works bud, I have a Black 04 COBRA!

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
svt1.8t said:
once a week i get it detailed, my friend owns the place cost me 40 bucks
So you spend $160 a month on detailing? :bash: Better off doing it yourself...Save that money for more mods...Not like you dont have enough already..LOL

jpk

Established Member
So all you folks seem to be weekly, just like me. My Cobra is outdoors, but covered. The problem is that it rains damn day in Western Washington so any time I drive it, it is instantly dirty again.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
jpk said:
So all you folks seem to be weekly, just like me. My Cobra is outdoors, but covered. The problem is that it rains damn day in Western Washington so any time I drive it, it is instantly dirty again.

Just a little word of advice,just in case you dont know already....Only cover a car that has been detailed.When you drive it ,it picks up sand and then the sand sticks to the cover and starts micro scratching the hell out of it. :beer:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Daily driven, in the rain or whatever.
Washed once a week, QD'd maybe once a week inbetween washings, and waxed almost every 2-3 weeks during the summer (gotta get as many damn coats of zaino on the car before winter!)

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
-wash once a day or once every other

-i then use paint cleaner wax every 2 weeks followed by a wax

-then garage it

black sucks

svtcobras

www.htsracing.com
Established Member
Re

I wash mine 2-3 times a week, been ungaraged since 2000. Best lookin car on the block, looks brand new. Getting the car house built in Aug.

jpk

Established Member
brucewrs said:
Just a little word of advice,just in case you dont know already....Only cover a car that has been detailed.When you drive it ,it picks up sand and then the sand sticks to the cover and starts micro scratching the hell out of it. :beer:

Man, now your're going to give me an ulcer! Now I have to choose between letting the Cobra bake in the sun, get pelted by hail and tree sap, or get covered and get scratched to shreds? :shrug:

Should I now wash every day? Does a California Duster work, or will that just cause marring as well?

FWIW, I've been using the cover since I bought the Cobra and I don't have hardly any spiderwebbing after a year. The spider webbing I do have seems more related to polishing and rubbing from Quick Detailer than anything else. I don't think Quick Detailer is a good way to remove dirt inbetween washings.

10thTerminator

Established Member
My latest thing is no soap and bucket washing. I just use chemical guys or PB waterless quick detailer. Seems quicker and I don't have to deal with all the water draining and crap.

PJM99

Established Member
Wash it about once a month. Constant washing is not good for the paint.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
PJM99 said:
Wash it about once a month. Constant washing is not good for the paint.

Who in the world told you that????????????? Constant washing is better for the paint than not washing it.Everytime you wash the car you get all the grime off that eats away at your paint.Dont worry you wont wash the paint off.

Users who are viewing this thread