• Go for the record

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • say screw it and throw the Pro-charger on it

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Speed Demon

Established Member
Here's the dilemma. I've had a pro-charger f1a kit sitting in my office for over 3 years now and was wanting to get the most I could out of the eaton before I did the swap.

The car has currently gone a best of 10.94 @ 125 with the unported eaton @ 3660 lbs race weight. My original goal was to get the car in the 10's, did that, then I wanted to go for the unported record.

The record currently held by Almo is 10.68, in what if I remember correctly was a very light, something like 3300 lb:shrug:, car.

Long story short, had to take a pay cut at work, so I had no spare cash to spend on the car, now I have the cash to go for the record, but I'm sick of looking at this blower kit sitting in office.

So here's the question do I throw the pro-charger on it? or change the upper pulley and take some weight out of the car and try beat the current record?

Either way the Pro-charger is going on it this winter, I just know I'll be mad at myself if I don't at least try for the record

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Heck Demon, anybody can run 9's with a Procharger. :shrug::lol: Keep that Eaton on there, drop some weight , maximize your ice box strategies, and go get the Upper Pulley record first. It's currently a 10.841. Then drop a lower pulley on there and get that 10.69. :banana:

Speed Demon

Established Member
Heck Demon, anybody can run 9's with a Procharger. :shrug::lol: Keep that Eaton on there, drop some weight , maximize your ice box strategies, and go get the Upper Pulley record first. It's currently a 10.841. Then drop a lower pulley on there and get that 10.69. :banana:

I already have a 4lb lower on it, but stock lightning upper. Going to throw a 2.76 upper on it, and do a 104 octane tune if I do this.

Record. You're so close! :rockon:

I know that's why I'd be mad at myself for not trying first.

Better get moving winter's coming fast!

I'm in Atlanta, GA tracks open till late November, and another track, about 2 1/2 hours drive, is open year round.

Go for the record and give me the procharger kit. :)

that could be arranged for the right price:beer: I really want a turbo!!!

Here's a quick run down of my current mods. Stock Lightning Upper pulley with 4 lb Metco lower, UPR aux. idler, Reichard manual tensioner, BHJ balancer.
Billetflow throttle body and plenum, JLT ram air, SCT BA 2600 MAF, Reichard blower spacer.
LFP inter-cooler res., Afco single pass heat exchanger.
Bassani mid lengths with custom xpipe and cat back with SLP LM1 mufflers. Gt pumps in the tank, Zone 5 moded FPDM, PPRV delete, -8 line form tank to rails, Fore fuel rails, 60 lb injectors.
Centerforce DFX clutch, SPEC aluminum flywheel, Liberty 26 spline input, Mcleod bell-housing.
UPR k member, contol arms, coil overs and caster/camber plates, QA 1 struts up front. Solid axle rear with 410's, Moser 31 spline axles and Detroit Locker diff. UPR upper and lower control arms, UPR anti-roll bar, V6 springs, and Tokico blue shocks out back.
Full length sub-frame connectors and Maximum Motorsports 6 point bolt in roll bar, with swing out door bars.
Tuned with Predator by Rick @ Amazon Tuning Solutions.
All runs were made on Bogart bolted Force 5's 15x3.5 up front with M/T front runners, 15x10 rears M/T 28x10.5 ET Drags.

My best pass was with the stock front seats in the car, rear seats, spare and jack removed. Weight with me in the car was 3660lbs with about 1/4 tank of gas.

I now have a set of Kirkey seats for it, and was going to remove the rear amp rack/speaker shelf for the race. There are a few more areas where I was going to attack the weight also, sound deadener under the carpet front and rear bumper supports etc.

Best so far is 10.94 @ 125 with a 1.44 60 ft. Leaving off the limiter @ 6750rpm:rockon:

Ironhand

Banned
Get the smallest upper you can and let it eat. Get the upper only record then go after Almo. He has had that record for a while now and its tough to beat obviously. So I DARE you son to beat it!!!!! Consider this your motivation, Good luck!

IronTerp

Very nice setup Demon! You a big guy??? Race weight of 3,660 with your weight reduction is up there. Your total weight loss looks to be about 353 lbs and then your FLSC, bellhousing and rool bar should add back in another 60-70 or so?

I'm assuming you take off your front sway bar (-12.4 lbs), how about a smaller battery (-22 lbs)? Have you considered long tubes? LT's and a full 3" exhaust really helped Almo with power production. And if you go with a custom dump setup, will save you some decent weight. I'm still up in the air about the hood situation: a 3" cowl will saveyou about 17 lbs off the front end, but you'll loose that air circulation from the hood vents.

Speed Demon

Established Member
Yeah I am a pretty big guy, 6'7" 250lbs. The roll bar is real heavy @ almost 100lbs, hell the bell housing weighs like 30lbs.

I do take the front sway bar off for the track, and I have an optima yellow top battery, maybe 3 or 4lbs lighter than the stock one. I've looked at the lightweight batteries, but I drive the car on the street quite a bit still and don't want to take the chance. i know Larry/Fatalsnake has one the little batteries in his car and has no problems but my luck with charging systems on past cars I'll end up stranded in the middle of nowhere!! I am going to do a battery relocation into the trunk, just need to figure out where I'm going to put the kill switch.

I had planned on going to long tubes and 3inch exhaust, but still need to save a few more pennies before I have the cash to do it the way I want. The biggest problem I have with going to long tubes is the bell housing. The only brand I know of that will definitely clear the big blow proof housing is Kook's and they're a little over a grand just for the headers. My exhaust guy does the work on my car for not much more than parts because I send him a lot of business.

I've also looked at doing a hood but the hood I want, carbon fiber, is almost $800. Its basically a stock style, so it still has functional heat extractors, with 2 inch cowl.

What can I say I have champagne tastes on a grape juice budget!!!!lol

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Go for the record. What was the da when you ran the 10.94? Cooling the car down and icing goes along way with a unported car. Any one can spend money and run fast. Only a few can take a unported car and run mid 10s! G/L.

Speed Demon

Established Member
Go for the record. What was the da when you ran the 10.94? Cooling the car down and icing goes along way with a unported car. Any one can spend money and run fast. Only a few can take a unported car and run mid 10s! G/L.

Temps were low 50's with about 40% humidity DA was in the negatives all day that day, was around -400 on that pass. I did let the car cool for an hour before that pass. and threw some ice in the inter-cooler res before each pass, no other cooling was done.

You gotta love the cool dry winter air here in the south!!!!!!:beer:

IronTerp

Temps were low 50's with about 40% humidity DA was in the negatives all day that day, was around -400 on that pass. I did let the car cool for an hour before that pass. and threw some ice in the inter-cooler res before each pass, no other cooling was done.

You gotta love the cool dry winter air here in the south!!!!!!:beer:
Well Demon, with an outstanding 1.44 60' time (I think it's the lowest for an unported Eaton in history...), and a DA of -400 (Wow!), you have a bit of a challenge on your hands to make this happen. You're probably going to need to get significantly more weight out of the car, and find some ways to add some power to your setup. Assuming you're power shifting, but that would be another way to shave 100's off your ET. :beer:

Last edited:

Speed Demon

Established Member
Well Demon, with an outstanding 1.44 60' time (I think it's the lowest for an unported Eaton in history...), and a DA of -400 (Wow!), you have a bit of a challenge on your hands to make this happen. You're probably going to need to get significantly more weight out of the car, and find some ways to add some power to your setup. Assuming you're power shifting, but that would be another way to shave 100's off your ET. :beer:

The car works really well at the track, I know my 60 ft is better than any on the list, better than most of the ported cars as well, which is why I think I have a real shot at getting it done. The day I ran that time was the same day Larry ran his ported eaton record setting pass of 10.3.

I don't powershift the car, to many broken transmissions over the years. I know I can pick up a little from doing that.

I plan on putting the car on a serious diet whether I go for the record or not so its not a big deal to pull weight from the car, and there is still quite a bit of weight I haven't gone after yet.

I would be changing the upper pulley to a 2.76 and ditching the big 3.1:shrug: stock lightning pulley, and tuning the car for kill mode, to pick up a little more power

here's the pass for those that haven't seen it or don't remember it:beer:

th_vids005.jpg

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
Go for the record. Our track that is about 2.5-3hrs from atlanta is open year round also. Carolina Dragway.

Users who are viewing this thread