Poll for EVERYONE!! (please participate, we WANT your opinion!)

Which area of The DDD Directory do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jim Ferraro

New SVT Poster
Established Member
Big thanks to Sid & SVT Performance for supporting The DDD Directory, the worlds largest vehicle specific performance parts and service locator!

The DDD Directory answers all of your questions in one place:

1. What's out there for my ride?

2. Where can I buy it online?

3. Where can I go to get it installed?

Over 300,000 pages of vehicle specific info can be found here:
www.TheDDDdirectory.com

Shop Central:
http://www.theddddirectory.com/shop_central.php

Parts Central:
http://www.theddddirectory.com/parts_central.php

Performance parts Manufacturer Search
http://www.theddddirectory.com/domestic.php?make=27&model=29[/I]

This is only the tip of the iceberg!
The DDD Directory is free and we want your input; this is YOUR directory!

Feel free to e-mail or reply with any questions; all feedback is welcomed.

Sincerely,

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Too much wrapping and not enough beef.

Skip the title page (loads too slow)

Don't need the cutesy names and titles, way too many menu trees to go through.

Just have a box you can type the name of the product that you want info on.

I work in the TV industry here in Los Angeles and I have seen many web sites just like yours that were an index of suppliers. The only one that made a name for itself was the LA 411

It is a soft cover book published twice a year. And I have only paid to be in it once. Since everyone in the industry knows everone else.

But back to your site. I went on it just to see how long it took to find info (not just a re-direct to the manufacturers site) on pulleys and tensioners for 03 Cobra's. It had the usual suspects but it didn't have Billetflow, the best know of them all. Plus I was hoping that you would have had a search engine tied to a pricing damon. And could list each retailers price from lowest to highest including shipping and tax, if any. Nope.

But it's still a good start, and if someone that wasn't a frequent reader of this site they will probably find it useful.

UCBeau

intersting site. took too long to load though, i hate waiting for cute graphics to load, because i am there at the site for a reason. i do like the fact you can be pretty specific with what you want, but maybe instead of going into such detail on things like motor oils, and having to click through 20 links to get to the Mobil1 website, just have a list of oils, website next to them, and have one header for conventional and the other for synthetic, but on the same page.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Neat site. I was a little disappointed there wern't any classics parts. Oh well.

Jim Ferraro

New SVT Poster
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
intersting site. took too long to load though, i hate waiting for cute graphics to load, because i am there at the site for a reason. i do like the fact you can be pretty specific with what you want, but maybe instead of going into such detail on things like motor oils, and having to click through 20 links to get to the Mobil1 website, just have a list of oils, website next to them, and have one header for conventional and the other for synthetic, but on the same page.

I appreciate your comments.

Load time is being handled very soon (in the next week).
I agree that no one should have to wait for load, so we're hacking down on the flash.

We are also working on eliminating a couple steps.

I like your idea of motor oils.

We are getting a tremendous amount of repeat traffic and new traffic,so people are coming back to use the site.

Over the next few months, some more streamlining and huge features are being added.
Bookmark the site, visit frequently and please keep us posted with your input. :rockon:

Jim Ferraro

New SVT Poster
Established Member
oldmodman said:
Too much wrapping and not enough beef.

Skip the title page (loads too slow)

Don't need the cutesy names and titles, way too many menu trees to go through.

Just have a box you can type the name of the product that you want info on.

I work in the TV industry here in Los Angeles and I have seen many web sites just like yours that were an index of suppliers. The only one that made a name for itself was the LA 411

It is a soft cover book published twice a year. And I have only paid to be in it once. Since everyone in the industry knows everone else.

But back to your site. I went on it just to see how long it took to find info (not just a re-direct to the manufacturers site) on pulleys and tensioners for 03 Cobra's. It had the usual suspects but it didn't have Billetflow, the best know of them all. Plus I was hoping that you would have had a search engine tied to a pricing damon. And could list each retailers price from lowest to highest including shipping and tax, if any. Nope.

But it's still a good start, and if someone that wasn't a frequent reader of this site they will probably find it useful.

This is kind of a special crowd, even in comparison to other forums, because the average user here is much more affluent.
I purposely only spoke about a few areas of the site, but we are soon launching a vehicle specific online magazine (very cutting edge, wait till it comes =o) along with many other features.
We are also hosting streaming video ads at a fraction of the cost of being on TV (We are currrently doing this for Superchips and Dynomax), while guaranteeing these ads are seen by the correct people.

One of the main goals here was to take the "buckshot" out of advertising and replace it with precison, so companies only pay for what they need.
As a result, their sales conversion is better, and they spend less money on advertising. This theory has become reality and is working VERY well.

There's an old saying: "50% of your advertising doesn't work, but you never know which 50%"
Not anymore...

We also wanted to make sure specialized shops with a good reputation had a place to be presented in a vehicle/service specific manner.
Getting into pricing parts can be a dirty game, and most online parts stores can't display the prices they sell anyway...
Most people now call for the best price, because many stores are on the brim of MAP pricing violation.

Of course, this site will ALWAYS be free to the user.
No one should ever have to pay to have this type of information!

Thanks for checking the site out!
All feedback is taken seriously and carefully considered.
Sid is sending me a large SVT performance banner, so DDD can show this forum as a premier Mustang forum, helping the mustang crowd learn about this forum, to they can come here and get educated. :beer:

Last edited:

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Hard choice for me to pick, I like them all.

Excellent resource you guys have there. Easy site to navigate.

Users who are viewing this thread