Polite or Rude to Officer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModsAway

Established Member
just got a speeding ticket... 75km/h in a 50km/h zone...equals 118 dollars and 3 points.

My question, what are all your experiences with being polite to LEO's? Do they reduce the ticket for you or are you simply making their job easy and they still give you the whole deal?

I am ALWAYS polite and respectful to anyone but even I can add a little when speaking to the police. Lately it is doing me no good, I am being polite, wishing them a good day and this kind of shit and it gets me nothing.

I know I was speeding and therefore deserve the ticket but come on, a little leeway here people? Maybe I expect the officers to be kind as well and that is expecting to much from a "person".

Lets hear the stories.

Lawman85

Banned
This thread isn't going to last long. How come when I'm nice to the guy at Burger King he doesn't always hook me up with extra fries? How come when I flirt with the cashier at the grocery store she doesn't give me extra discounts? Come on?

Try not speeding so much and then you have all of these "tragic" encounters where you actually get tickets for the speeds you were doing. It is obvious you don't learn from your mistakes so why should the officers give you breaks???

drillsergeantjra

THIS WE'LL DEFEND
Established Member
Editted by moderator. Follow the guidelines for this forum please!

Last edited by a moderator:

tistan

Established Member
I got caught doing 70 in a 45 once and I was very polite to the officer. We even had a few laughs. I kindly asked him if he would mind reducing it and he droped it to 19 over. I then went to court and asked the judge to reduce the ticket and it got dropped to 14 over. Here in Ga that does not even go on my record.

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
You simply cannot expect to get away with a lesser offense just because you are polite. Just be polite every time you scew up and hope for the best. Also, consider this; If the police were to simply let us all slide a little for being polite then where is the deterrence? Why not just go 85 in a 65 and be polite so you can get a 2 point violation and then go to court and plead out of it?

Here's an example to consider: You have a disagreement with a neighbor. You lose your cool and punch him in the face. He calls the police. When the police come you are very polite. Do you expect them to say ok, "you were polite, forget assault or battery, here is a loitering ticket."

ModsAway

Established Member
Well I didn't know you guys were so uptight over here, seems there were many conclusions jumped to without me ever stating any of them. Observation skills could use some polishing...

I did state I deserved it. I did NOT state I expected to get off. I go out of my way to help people all the time, in no way shape or form does that take away from my job and in no way do I expect to benefit from it.

Assault is a lot different than doing 25 KILOMETERS(15mph) over the limit for a split second. We all know we have done worse than that. You all admit it or not it doesn't matter, I don't call myself a habitual speeder either. In fact I believe you have to be very aware of your speed in these cars or bad luck occurences like this happen easily. 15mph over the speed limit can happen going downhill if I disengage the gas pedal completely.

Does this question get asked much here? Do LEO's speed off duty? Do LEO's get off speeding tickets simply because they are an LEO? What, perk of the job?

No offense guys!!.

random-strike

Banned
One more time! Editted by a different mod this time.

Consider yourself persona non grata! You are no longer allowed to post in the Donut Shop. If you try to, you will be banned.

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
Does this question get asked much here? Do LEO's speed off duty? Do LEO's get off speeding tickets simply because they are an LEO? What, perk of the job?

Ok- yes, yes , and yes BUT do they put their asses on the line every day at work- YES. I dunno about you but I don't run the risk of getting shot and killed in my office.

I apologize for any assumptions I made. The assault hypo was an outrageous example to prove my point--> There msut be some deterrence or the law just doesn't work.

Also, you cannot expect to get off. However, go to court and see what happens. Police officers usually have a good memory when it comes to someone who is very polite or very rude. If you go to court I'll bet the officer will be willing to work with you.

Last edited:

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
be an asshole next time. it doesnt matter what you do. they want your money

Ok,first- the police officer could care less about your money. It doesnt go in to a private bank account. The town wants your money, so your anger is misplaced.

Second- be an A-hole and watch what happens. you will get more the one ticket and you will nto get out of it in court. Also, you will notice that you will suddenly be the focus of unwanted attention.

Here's a question for you. What happens when someone is an a-hole to you at your job?

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
mustangsnoopy said:
25 over the limit and you expect to get away with that?
that's kms an hour
try 15mph over the limit
anyways, you were doing 75 on a crowded city street?
WTF gives you the right to do highway speeds on surface streets?
Seriously, the speed limit is typically 80. Like what the **** are you thinking? if there was someone pulled out in front and he was doing 40 that'd be like running at a parked car at 40 km/h
Don't be a retard. If the cop was around then there must have been other traffic around as well.
Now 60, I can understand I hit 60 in my car fairly regularly. but at a certain point you went way over the line, no breaks.
I did 80 once and I was scared shitless someone was going to pull out.
as one canadian to another. It's people like you who give us a bad reputation. Learn to drive smart.
And god I hope you live in Ontario or somewhere else far, far away!

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
OK I'm going to say this - I just had some dickweed in a cobalt with a fugly ricer wing (it was a 4 door not an SS) cross into my lane on the way home at about 90 km'h to get around a car that was turning - he just about hit me head on - and he had to swerve around her b/c he was doing 90 km/h towards a parked car.
where is your brain dude? What if somebody had jumped on their breaks in front of you? What if a kid had a ball roll into the street and he chased after it. could you live with knowing you had killed someone?
doing highway speeds on surface streets is stupid shit.

ModsAway

Established Member
(sorry moderators but I'm not holding that shit back).

Since you decided to violate the guidelines and acknowledged it by posting the above, your entire post has been removed!

Please follow the guidelines for this forum, or do NOT post here.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
ModsAway said:
(sorry moderators but I'm not holding that shit back).

Since you decided to violate the guidelines and acknowledged it by posting the above, your entire post has been removed!

Please follow the guidelines for this forum, or do NOT post here..

And here we have a first hand look at your 'polite' attitude.

Stewart

Worldwide panhandler
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Yep, you sure are. Your access to this forum is CLOSED! :bash:

But I just saw this. Had a mean one all ready to go. :fart:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Yep, you sure are. Your access to this forum is CLOSED! :bash:

Larry, is that a wing I see on the back of your L? Bad Larry!...Bad!...no more moderating till you get that cleaned up...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread