Polishing the stock exhaust

rudyrivera1189

Established Member
Hey all, I've been reading that how to polish your exhaust thread but was wondering if you can polish the stock exhaust? It may sound like a waste of time however it looks like whoever had the car before me had brought the car somewhere and had them cut out the mufflers and put in pipes. It's pretty loud so I don't mind rocking these until I get another cat back hopefully this summer. Even if I can clean them up a bit I don't mind as long as I'm not wasting my time. I'll post pics from my phone so you can see what I'm working with here.

vybu7yja.jpg

redegeba.jpg

Does anyone know is that type of metal will clean up at all? It looks like crap..

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Ya, those are pretty far gone. You could knock the rust off with a flapper wheel, but the pipes would still be badly pitted. Get another catback ASAP, Cobras deserve better than straight pipes.

rudyrivera1189

Established Member
Lol I figured that. The previous owner took the cheap way out. I was looking at the borla stingers but might hold out until I move to fl. Nj roads will mess it up badly since its my dd.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

Anabolic

Banned
unfortunatly, i wouldn't touch that. Since theyre that corroded. You might actually prematurely kill your pipes if you grind any on them.. better off riding until they blow out or you can afford a catback & take the effort in that.

Users who are viewing this thread