polished whipple owners

spanky777will

Established Member
what are your iat1 and iat 2 temps at? also include your boost/pulley combo for blower speeds. i'm looking more for the difference between iat1 and iat2 temp differences. mine i think are running high but just would like clairification. also post if you have any intercooler cooling mods.

TIA

Will

samiam513

Banned
things look shiney bc they are smooth. if they have a scratch, they are less shiney bc the light reflects differetly..

bc it is smooth it has less surface area...

Same principal as putting a sugar cube in water and putting a spoon full of sugar in water. More surface area = more reaction sites( or in the blowers case more sites to expell heat)

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Screaming01L said:
Quick question, what would that have to do with a polished unit vs a non polished unit?
Cast unit will disapate heat better than polished, it is also said that painting something black also does the same. I dont know about the paint thing but the cast and polished true

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
I don't know about Lightnings...but I had a polished whipple on my 03 cobra and switched to a black whipple. The polished whipple is a lot more quite compared to the black whipple. IMO the Polished whipple got a hell of alot hotter than the black whipple. When I got done doing regular driving with the polished whipple you couldn't even touch it. My tunner has the temp differences somewhere, I will see if I can find them.

Users who are viewing this thread