Polished the new car *56K [Maybe]*

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
This was over this last weekend. I traded in my '01 Cobra for a Obisdan Black Pearl 2006 Subaru WRX STI. Of course it came with dealer installed swirls, and some bad water spots. It also had a weird haze on the paint.

Process:
QEW
Clay w/Spray and Wipe
On areas with bad Water Spots/Swirls they got Optimum Compound via PC on a light cutting pad speed 6. It left some hazing.
Optimum Polish on a polishing pad speed 6, all around, and on areas that had hazing left over from OC.
FMJ x 2 (Planning on 1/2 more coats then 1-2 coats of Pink Wax)
Exhaust Tip got DACP
Tires - Black Onyx Tire Gell
Windows/Mirrors/Plastic - AIO

There are still some swirls left in the smaller areas, and they will come out once I get my smaller spot pads, mainly on the front and the sides of the roof.

There is a little bit of dust from taking pics last night, ill try and wash it today and get pics with no dust. The paint on this car is MUCH easier to work with, if it wasnt for the water spots, all it would have taken would be OP all around on a cutting pad. I still need to seal the rims and do the wheelwells, so ignore those :) ;)

On to the pics [Full Gallery]:
IMG_2604.sized.jpg

IMG_2600.sized.jpg

IMG_2606.sized.jpg

IMG_2609.sized.jpg

IMG_2610.sized.jpg

IMG_2613.sized.jpg

IMG_2614.sized.jpg

IMG_2618.sized.jpg

IMG_2622.sized.jpg

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
I wish I had new paint. Awsome job, nothing better than deep, shiny black!! :rockon:

WOW that took me 12 minutes to post no joke. WTF!! This site is SUCKING.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
EastCoast5.0 said:
I wish I had new paint. Awsome job, nothing better than deep, shiny black!! :rockon:

WOW that took me 12 minutes to post no joke. WTF!! This site is SUCKING.
lmao, yea it took me about 20 to just start the thread. :mad: :(

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Man I was looking forward to see what you would do to this car. I am not dissapointed great job. You will have a ball with this paint lol.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
JebTonkin said:
Man I was looking forward to see what you would do to this car. I am not dissapointed great job. You will have a ball with this paint lol.
Yea, i remeber you said that :) This paint seems real easy to work with. I should have some fun :)

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
DARKSTI said:
Yea, i remeber you said that :) This paint seems real easy to work with. I should have some fun :)
Good luck with the car and hopefully you stick around so I can get some advice. :rockon:

03SvtSonicCobra

I got the Sonic Blues.
Established Member
i am not to big on the new front end. i like the 05 front end better. but still a cool car,paint looks good.

Last edited:

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
03SvtSonicCobra said:
i am not to big on the new front end. i like the 05 front end better. but still a cool car,paint looks good.

Ditto. Car looks very good in the pics. Something about the front end reminds me of an Edsel.

2814v

Established Member
Dude you suck, I just got finished detailing my 91 black ZR1 and was feeling pretty good about the way the 14 year old black paint turned out. Then I read this post and see your black STI and now I dont feel so good any more. Beautiful finish.

2k1cobra

Established Member
Looks nice, but the 05 front end looked a lot more agressive. Either way have fun with teh AWD!

Users who are viewing this thread