• yes

Votes: 129 64.8%
  • no

Votes: 70 35.2%

• Total voters

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
In light of recent events, if it came to individual states voting and funding, would you vote for funding to have a full time police officer at every public school during school hours?

I'd vote for it, would give me a peace of mind knowing that someone there could atleast try to protect our children during times like these.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
I couple of "NO's" already, I'd like to hear from them, reasoning.......?

SNCBOOM

Established Member
There were cops at my school when I was a kid :shrug:

ff500

Established Member
Had police and metal detectors at my high school. In middle school I had a knife held to my throat. Good ole Boston Public schools.

ParamedicMXr

Established Member
They are at every school here locally. Several of them at the rough schools. I feel like it would make more sense to allow concealed carry in a school. A few teachers packing may be a benefit, and doesnt cost anything.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I voted no because in the little town (pop. 4000) I grew up in, the elementary school, middle school, and high school were all located a good distance apart from each other. This is a town that never has more than 2-3 officers on duty at a time. So, having 3 officers on duty every weekday (besides summer) is not feasible.

We did have a police officer on duty at the highschool (approx 900 students) and I would be inclined to having a police officer on duty at every highschool that is decent sized.

JbeastJ

Established Member
I voted no, because I don't see it fit for some of the smaller schools. I grew up in a town with like an 800 person population. Depending on the school size and location, I could see it being fit to have an officer there. But where I grew up, I don't find it necessary.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
you guys have cops at your elementary schools? we have them in middle and high schools here (school police) but never heard of any in our elementary schools.

not that im against but the schools are hurting for money already as it is. maybe more of an armed security guard than a sworn LEO. big difference in cost. in reality security guard duty is what they'll be doing. at least in elementary schools. in middle and high schools they often have to do searches and make arrests.

as mentioned in the other thread, the cop cant be everywhere in the school all the time. and you cant funnel the entire school through one door, to go through metal detectors. or at least not have the kids do it, just any adults visiting the school. but even then, you'd have to have the guard/cop right there 24-7 because you can easily shoot your way through a metal detector.

maybe they can do it like a local BofA branch out here. one person enters the bank at a time. enters a small plexiglass room, then is buzzed into the bank after that. one by one.

even still, how hard would it be for an adult who intends to do something like this, to hop the fence? somebody who wants to get in, will get in. one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread